The Project Delivery Graduate Scheme offers you an opportunity like no other. On the Scheme you’ll have the chance to develop your skills through hands on learning and training, including working towards a professional qualification.
You’ll be able to work within Delivery teams that procure and support the equipment for our armed forces.
You’ll work alongside Project Managers, Finance and Commercial Officers, Inventory Managers, Technical experts, Risk Managers and Military colleagues to ensure that the equipment purchased, and the support provided, is fit for purpose and achieves the best possible value for money.
You will be involved with several different delivery activities and interact across functions, including the following activities:
- Maintaining and updating relevant reports and databases on active projects or portfolios
- Assisting with Project Management Baseline (PMB) production, monitoring and control, including change management, scheduling, risk management, cost control, forecasting and reporting
- Arranging and co-ordinating meetings and workshops with the team and other stakeholders to support the delivery of projects
- Attending project meetings to record actions and data, to provide clarity on next steps
You’ll typically rotate through three placements providing you with the opportunity to learn a variety of skills including:
- Project Support
- Risk Management
- Planning and Scheduling
- Cost Engineering
- Cost Control
Read more about the Project Delivery function
During the two-year development programme you’ll focus on roles across different business areas within DE&S.
You’ll start your first placement on arrival into DE&S where you’ll be provided the opportunity to familiarise yourself with the organisation and start your onward career development. From here you’ll start to build your knowledge, skills, learning and experience as you support and delivery to our customers from within your placement teams.
You’ll continue your rotation throughout the business working on various projects to enhance and build on your development. You’ll also be studying towards your professional qualification alongside your work placements.
End of scheme
Once you’ve successfully completed the scheme you can regrade into a permanent role in one of the sub-function specialisms.
You’ll receive specialist training while you’re on placements and you’ll be working towards an APM Project Management Qualification.
To apply you’ll need:
- Five full GCSEs at A*-C or grades 4-9 (or recognised equivalent) including English Language and Maths
- An honours degree in any recognised subject (minimum 2:2)
- A degree at a grade of 2:1 or higher and experience relevant to your chosen scheme would be desirable
We are seeking individuals who are talented, motivated, and skilled graduates to join our Project Professional Graduate Scheme and become our Project Delivery Professionals of the future.
Help and support
There’s plenty of support available on this Scheme. You’ll have:
- A dedicated scheme manager who’ll be responsible for co-ordinating your professional training and development throughout the scheme
- A placement supervisor who’ll oversee your day-to-day management and provide on the job development opportunities
When applying, you’ll complete an initial online application and be required to undertake an online numerical, verbal and Civil Service judgement test.
If you pass all tests, you’ll then complete a full application and upload your CV (please note the specific CV requirements on the job advert).
Finally, the top scoring candidates will be invited to an assessment centre in Bristol.
This scheme is due to open in late 2023.