The Project Delivery Apprenticeship Scheme offers you the exciting opportunity to develop your skills through hands on learning combined with a structured training programme. You’ll work towards the L4 Apprenticeship and an internationally recognised professional qualification.
You’ll work within Delivery teams that procure and support the equipment for our armed forces, alongside Project Managers, Finance and Commercial Officers, Inventory Managers, Risk Managers and Military colleagues to ensure that the equipment purchased, and the support provided, is fit for purpose and achieves the best possible value for money.
You’ll typically rotate through two one-year placements providing you with the opportunity to learn a variety of skills including:
- Project Controls Management
- Project Support
- Risk Management
- Planning and Scheduling
- Estimating and Cost Control
Read more about Project Delivery function.
During the two-year development programme, you’ll focus on roles across different business areas within DE&S.
When joining DE&S you’ll start your first placement where you’ll familiarise yourself with the organisation and start your onward career development. From here, you’ll start to build your knowledge, skills, and experience as you support and deliver to our customers from within your placement teams. You’ll also start working with your training provider on the portfolio of evidence documenting your apprenticeship journey.
You’ll continue your rotation through the business working on different projects to enhance and build on your development. You’ll be providing further evidence towards your apprenticeship portfolio. Plus, you’ll be studying towards your professional qualification.
End of Scheme
Once you’ve achieved the Level 4 Apprenticeship and successfully completed the scheme, you can move into a permanent role in one of the sub-function specialisms.
- Specialist training while you’re on placements.
- A structured development programme with an external training provider.
- Working towards an APM Project Management Qualification.
- To apply you must have 5 GCSEs at grade C to A* (or equivalent) including English Language and Maths;
- you must already have, or will achieve, two A Levels at grade D to A* in any subject (or equivalent).
It’s also beneficial for your CV to demonstrate any relevant experience, such as project skills, including through work experience or extra-curricular activities.
We are seeking individuals who are talented, motivated, and skilled apprentices to join our Project Professional Apprenticeship Scheme and become our Project Delivery Professionals of the future.
Help and support
- There’s plenty of support available on this Scheme. You’ll have:
- A dedicated scheme manager who’ll be responsible for co-ordinating your professional training and development throughout the scheme.
- A placement supervisor who’ll oversee your day-to-day management and provide on the job development opportunities.
- A dedicated skills coach providing you with learning that will complement your everyday activities.
When applying, you’ll complete an initial online application and be required to undertake an online numerical, verbal and Civil Service judgement test.
If you pass all tests, you’ll then complete a full application and upload your CV (please note the specific CV requirements on the job advert).
Finally, the top scoring candidates will be invited to an assessment centre in Bristol.
The Project Delivery Apprenticeship is now open in three different locations, please apply via the Civil Service Jobs website links below: