If you’re considering a career in Finance and Accounting, DE&S offers you an opportunity like no other. The Finance and Accounting Apprenticeship Scheme offers the chance to develop your skills through hands on learning and training, including working towards your professional qualification.
Finance and Accounting
DE&S Finance and Accounting Apprentices work within teams that procure and support the equipment that our armed forces require. They work alongside Project Managers, Commercial Officers, Inventory Managers, Technical experts, Risk Managers and Military colleagues to ensure that the equipment purchased and the support provided is fit for purpose and achieves the best possible value for money.
The DE&S Finance and Accounting Apprenticeship Scheme is a three year development programme focused on finance and accountancy roles across different business areas within DE&S.
You’ll rotate through several placements that’ll provide you with the opportunity to learn about variety of aspects of finance and accounting including:
- forecasting the future budget
- reviewing and creating accruals
- providing financial analysis to support decision making
- developing costing for business cases
- tracking costs to contracts and
- using Financial Systems.
You’ll study towards achieving Levels Three and Four of the Association of Accounting Technician (AAT) qualification.
To apply you’ll need five GCSEs including English Language at C/4+ and Maths at B/6+, or equivalent. Additionally, it’s beneficial for your CV to demonstrate you have relevant experience and finance and accounting skills.
We are seeking individuals who:
- enjoy solving complex problems and can deliver clear and effective solutions;
- are keen on embracing change;
- are willing to share information, knowledge and skills;
- have a strong focus on internal and external customers;
- have a commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion;
- are keen to seek out new opportunities for learning, personal and career development;
- are prepared to commit to a three-year training programme; and
- are pro-active and willing to take responsibility for their own development and career progression.
We’ll offer you challenging opportunities that’ll help you to develop your career and offer you great rewards in an environment where results are recognised. In return, you’ll own your career and drive your own development.
Help and Support
There’s plenty of support available on this apprenticeship. You’ll have:
- A dedicated scheme manager who’ll be responsible for co-ordinating your professional training and development throughout the scheme.
- A placement delivery manager who’ll oversee your day to day management and provide on the job development opportunities.
- An excellent professional AAT training package.
End of Scheme
DE&S have an exceptional record of finding jobs for apprentices and if you successfully complete your apprenticeship we could offer you permanent employment within the Finance & Accounting function.
- When applying, you’ll complete an initial online application and be required to undertake an online situational judgement test.
- If successful in the first test, you’ll then be required to complete a Numerical Reasoning Test.
- If you pass both tests you’ll then complete a full application and upload your CV (please note the specific CV requirements on the job advert).
- Finally, the top scoring candidates will be invited to an Assessment Centre in Bristol (subject to COVID-19 restrictions).
Click here to return to the Apprenticeship and Graduate Schemes page