IM&IT leads the advancement of cyber security technology, the management and assurance of digital information and the delivery of software solutions. And on our apprenticeship scheme you’ll learn from both internal and external industry experts, developing solutions to emerging problems.
IM&IT offers you a unique opportunity to be at the forefront of shaping the future of digital technology in DE&S and we currently offer a Digital Technology Apprenticeship where you’ll combine on the job training with digital learning and practical skills development within your chosen specialism of either software, data or cyber.
The IM&IT Digital Technology Apprenticeship Scheme is a two-year structured learning and development programme. During the two-year development programme you’ll focus on roles across different business areas within DE&S.
From day one you’ll be a key member of the IM&IT function where you’ll be embedded within placements in our teams. You’ll start your first placement on arrival into DE&S where you’ll be provided the opportunity to familiarise yourself with the organisation and start your onward career development. From here you’ll start to build your knowledge, skills, learning and experience as you support and deliver to our customers from within your placement teams.
You’ll continue your rotation throughout the business working on various projects to enhance and build on your development. You’ll also be studying towards your professional qualification alongside your work placements.
What you’ll receive
After the two years you’ll not only gain hands-on experience, but you will also aim to complete a nationally recognised Level 4 apprenticeship within your respective specialism.
Help and support
There’s plenty of support available on this Scheme. You’ll have:
- A dedicated scheme manager who’ll be responsible for co-ordinating your professional training and development throughout the scheme.
- A placement supervisor who’ll oversee your day-to-day management and provide on-the-job development opportunities.
End of Scheme
- Once you’ve successfully completed the scheme you can move into a permanent role within the IM&IT Function.
As part of your application process, you’ll complete an initial online application and an online situational judgement test.
Once you pass the test, you’ll then complete a full application, and this includes uploading your CV. Your CV will need to clearly demonstrate the following areas:
- Key achievements.
- Relevant experience.
- Applied knowledge and skills.
You’ll also be asked to select your preferred specialism to identify your preference for a career as either a Software Developer, a Data Analyst or a Cyber Security Technologist. Each specialism offers different learnings.
• Software Developer gains skills and technical grounding needed to design, test and maintain software.
• Data Analyst develops skills needed to collect, organise and study data to provide a valuable business insight.
• Cyber Security Technologist starts on a learning journey to understand data decryption, malware and the risks associated with evolving cyber-threats.
If you’re a top scoring candidate you’ll be invited to a formal interview to discuss your key achievements, relevant experience and applied knowledge and skills. You’ll also be assessed against the technical competences and the listed behaviours, aligned to our DE&S Behaviours.
To apply for the Scheme you’ll need:
- Five full GCSEs A-C or grades 9-4 (or equivalent) including English Language and Maths
and;• 2 A Levels at Grade C or above, one in either a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics subject and one other
- a National Diploma in a relevant subject at Grade Double Merit (equivalent to 64 UCAS points)
- successful competition of a Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in a relevant subject. UCAS points;
Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in a relevant subject.