Since its inception in 2017, the Young Defence Network South West Network has already attracted over 300 members across DE&S and continues to grow as DE&S recruits more early careers professionals.
Our achievements include:
- Hosting a successful series of Lunch & Learn events, furthering the professional development of our members
- Arranging a site visit to MOD Main Building, raising our members’ awareness of the relationship DE&S has with Front Line Command
- Promoting the other DE&S Diversity, Inclusion & Outreach Networks via our monthly newsletter
- Supporting a variety of DE&S wide events; such as Inspiring Innovation, Big Benefits Fair and Learning at Work week
- Providing a forum for cross-functional, cross-grade, cross-domain interaction and mutual development
Following the successes over the last year and a half, we want to continue to grow the Network to further deliver the benefits of our membership to an even wider group of early careers professionals and those new to DE&S.
With a strong network base at MOD Abbey Wood, we are keen to develop our presence at other sites to improve our outreach and delivery of support across the wider organisation.
Following the release of our second members’ survey, we will analyse the data to identify the views and opinions of our members, acting as their voice to instigate business change to benefit the organisation and encouraging a culture of process improvement and innovation.