To apply for this scheme, you’ll need:
- Five GCSEs A-C or grades 9-4 (or equivalent) including English Language and Maths
- Three A-Levels grades A-C (or equivalent) by September 2024
It’s also desirable if you can demonstrate relevant experience, such as business management skills, through internships or placements.
This four-year long development programme within the Corporate Services Group (CSG) function is focused on business roles across different areas of DE&S. Throughout the scheme, you’ll rotate through several placements within DE&S and may have opportunities to work in other business roles supporting the MoD’s vast estate and front-line commands.
Your hands-on experience will be underpinned by DE&S specific training as well as study towards a BSc (Hons) degree in Management and Business. You’ll also have the option to be assessed for Chartered Manager status. Your responsibilities will vary depending on the placement you’re in, but broadly speaking you’ll be:
- Providing administrative support to colleagues and actively contributing to team meetings
- Building and maintaining a network of internal business contacts to share knowledge
- Undertaking placement activities to develop your knowledge and experience
- Building an understanding of how the CSG function and wider business operates
- Participating in educational training to develop your capabilities in a defence context
Once you’ve successfully completed the apprenticeship, you’ll be eligible for a re-grade interview and potential transfer to a permanent contract, while allowing you to continue with your Level 6 Apprenticeship. You’ll then have the option to be placed into an appropriate role within the CSG function.