Project Marshall enables vital air traffic management services at 65 MOD-operated airfields in the UK and overseas, including Cyprus, Gibraltar and the Falkland Islands.
Project Marshall at a glance
- Project Marshall is investing in new control tower equipment, including radar displays, ground-to-air radios, voice communication and control systems and record and replay equipment.
- It is also acquiring navigation aids, landing aids, and deployable air traffic management systems.
- The project will provide cost-effective and assured services until 2037.
- Several teams across the DE&S Air Support and Combat Air domains have oversight of contracts signed within the framework.
- The DE&S Project Marshall team is based at Abbey Wood in Bristol and Henlow in north London, and currently comprises of 87 DE&S civilian and Air Command Military posts.