Finance and Accounting
Our Finance & Accounting teams ensure that DE&S meets its financial and management responsibilities for recording, communicating and driving financial performance. We are fundamental in ensuring the delivery of capability and capacity to the armed forces – and securing the best value for the taxpayer.
- Protect value – Ensure a robust control environment and accounting for all financial transactions accurately and efficiently
- Add value – Deliver accurate, insightful, timely and meaningful financial information to our stakeholders
- Drive value – Be an active and influential partner for the business, supporting effective decision-making through your expertise and judgement
The Finance and Accounting function are fundamental in ensuring the delivery of capability and capacity to the armed forces.
Finance and Accounting roles in DE&S
We offer a range of roles across the key disciplines of management, financial accounting, inventory accounting, management accounting, finance advisory and support. Typical responsibilities include:
- Support planning and forecasting
- Provide financial advice to delivery teams
- Manage general ledgers
- Prepare routine financial reports
- Maintain financial records
For each of the functions in DE&S there is a technical competence framework. The framework describes specific professional skills or knowledge standards that are required within the function. Click here to open the technical competence framework for the Finance and Accounting function (as a PDF).