Finance and Accounting
Our Finance & Accounting teams ensure that DE&S meets its financial and management responsibilities for recording, communicating and driving financial performance. We are fundamental in ensuring the delivery of capability and capacity to the armed forces – and securing the best value for the taxpayer.
- Protect value – Ensure a robust control environment and accounting for all financial transactions accurately and efficiently
- Add value – Deliver accurate, insightful, timely and meaningful financial information to our stakeholders
- Drive value – Be an active and influential partner for the business, supporting effective decision-making through your expertise and judgement
Finance and Accounting roles in DE&S
We offer a range of roles across the key disciplines of management, financial accounting, management accounting, finance advisory and support. Typical responsibilities include:
- Support planning and forecasting
- Provide financial advice to delivery teams
- Manage general ledgers
- Prepare routine financial reports
- Maintain financial records
What our people say
Don’t just take our word for it, take a look at what our staff say about us.
I am interested in my work.
I am trusted to carry out my job effectively.
I am treated with respect by the people I work with.
A career in Finance & Accounting at DE&S
“We are beginning to develop an even more flexible workforce, meaning even greater opportunities for individuals to be in the right place at the right time and add real value to the business.”
– Nick, Financial Analyst and Chartered Accountant funded by DE&S
Turn your job into a career with DE&S. Find your place in our team today.
Where do you fit in?
DE&S is made up of 11 functions, each supporting its own vital strand of the organisation. Our functions offer professional development and flexibility to our people – and assurance to our customers that we have the scale and expertise to deliver on any project.
See where you fit in and join a world-class team today.