Job description for Talent Acquisition Operations Manager
The HR function is integral to operational delivery – by attracting, developing, and retaining highly skilled people, we can ensure effective delivery of equipment and support to our colleagues on the front line. Developing a talented and inclusive workforce where everyone feels welcome, you’ll play a key role in driving exceptional performance and contributing to our success as an organisation.
As part of our team, you’ll benefit from plenty of routes for development, access to specialist training and funding for professional qualifications, and a c.27% employer pension contribution. You’ll also have access to a wide range of employee networks, including the Women’s Inclusive Network, Race & Culture Network, Pride Network, Disability Network – and many more. We recognise that the best people for the job may have commitments outside of work, so we’re pleased to promote flexible working to support our colleagues in balancing work and home life.
This role is pivotal in ensuring that the Talent Acquisition team delivers a first-class service to its customers. The role of the Operations Manager is to support the wider team in producing a range of routine and non-routine reports that will allow us to evidence recruitment performance and make data-based decisions.
It also supports the Talent Acquisition team members in a range of other areas, providing them with clear guidance and intelligence, allowing them to concentrate their efforts on core recruitment. As this role is an operations manager role, deep knowledge of recruitment is not required, what is more important is an ability to manage a varied and often busy workload. In addition to this, the role involves playing a key part in the continuous improvement of the wider Talent Acquisition team and will lead on continuous improvement workstreams.
Being a champion of change, you will be able to identify ways to continuously promote improvement, thriving in a challenging environment and working at pace. You will have a hands-on approach with the ability to effectively coach and mentor individuals, and to collaborate with professionals at all levels.
Responsibilities for Talent Acquisition Operations Manager
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Responsibility for issuing Recruitment Supplier requirements, management of invoicing for 3rd party suppliers, including Month End financial activities.
- Management of 3rd Party supplier accounts, tracking budgets against contractual obligations.
- Conduct analysis and produce regular statistical metrics, as well as generating reports, data and management information for individual projects, recruitment or to assist the wider organisation’s decision making.
- Leading and management of a small team to enable provision of consistent services to the domain areas.
- Support continuous improvement activities by suggesting new strategies to improve processes within the Talent Acquisition Operations team.
- Responsibility for reporting & audits in line with Cabinet Office requirements
- Investigating and responding to formal recruitment complaints.
- Support in the updating of specialist policies and processes in line with the people strategy and legislative requirements; challenge where appropriate to ensure fit for purpose.
- Manage relationships with internal and external (e.g., third-party providers) stakeholders.
- Build effective networks to collaborate effectively on initiatives and to relay advice and guidance on interpreting policies and processes. Via internal networks, develop a thorough understanding of organisational requirements.
To be successful with your application, you’ll need to show that you meet the following essential criteria:
- Experience of stakeholder management, with a consultative approach and the ability to engage with confidence, challenging where necessary and suggesting improvements to existing processes and procedures.
- Demonstrable experience of a problem-solving mindset
- Demonstratable experience of running reports, analysing data, and presenting in a way which is meaningful to the intended audience.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to manage, coach and lead a small team to deliver a first-class service.
- Ability to work flexibly, adapting to changing priorities and to be experienced with managing conflicting demands.
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competences and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
- Managing a quality service
- Changing and Improving
- Resourcing – Practitioner
- Organisation Development and Design – Practitioner
We’re pleased to offer a generous benefits package to support everything from your work-life balance to your bank balance, including:
- 25 days’ holiday a year, plus 1 day a year up to 30 days, 8 bank holidays and a day off for the King’s birthday
- A market-leading employer pension contribution of around 27 percent, an annual performance-based bonus, and recognition awards
- Flexible and hybrid working wherever possible, to support your work-life balance (though some attendance to the stated site is required)
- Access to specialist training and funded professional qualifications, with plenty of opportunities and support for progression
- A huge range of discounts including retail, sports, leisure, restaurants, gifts, days out, holidays, cinema, motoring, insurance, health care, gym memberships, and more
- Up to six days of paid leave a year for volunteering
- Enhanced maternity, adoption, and shared parental leave schemes, offering 100% pay for 26 weeks (after a qualifying period)
- We champion a diverse and inclusive environment, where everyone can be themselves and give their best. We believe that by harnessing the power of different ideas, experiences, and perspectives, we can achieve our ambitions, together. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
- Discover more about Little Book of Big Benefitsand pension schemes.
Please click the link below to apply for Talent Acquisition Operations Manager by creating an account and uploading your details.