Job description for Supply Chain Administrator
Our Integrated Logistics (ILog) function manages and delivers the tools, parts and in-service support that keep vehicles and equipment well-maintained, from their first launch to the day they’re retired from service. We’re pleased to offer challenging and interesting careers that bring a sense of pride and purpose. By joining our team, you’ll find yourself a role where your voice is heard, your impact is felt, and your contribution is recognised.
You’ll also benefit from plenty of opportunities for development, access to specialist training and funded professional qualifications, and a c.27% employer pension contribution. You’ll also have access to a wide range of employee networks, including the Women’s Inclusive Network, Race & Culture Network, Pride Network, Disability Network – and many more. We recognise that the best people for the job may have commitments outside of work, so we’re pleased to promote flexible working to support our colleagues in balancing work and home life.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual at entry level to develop skills in roles primarily engaged in transactional activities working under supervision.
As a Supply Chain Administrator, you will be contributing to the delivery and supporting the supply chain processes. It is a varied role that requires accurate and on-time delivery of item data management which will include effectively utilising various Logistics Information Systems.
You will ensure that a high-quality service is delivered. This will be demonstrated through your ability to collaborate with others, provide suggestions for resolution to problems and to deliver a range of time-sensitive outputs that support your customers in the Front-Line Commands and/or Delivery Teams. A good eye for detail and skills in the management of data will play a vital part of these posts.
Please note some attendance to the stated site may be required for this position.
We strongly recommend tailoring your CV in line with our CV guidance before applying, with specific sections to highlight Key Achievements, Relevant Experience, and Applied Skills & Knowledge.
Responsibilities for Supply Chain Administrator
In this role, you will be entrusted with:
• Monitoring supply chain activities within HMNB Clyde to ensure compliance with the Defence Logistics Framework and on other MOD supply chain regulations.
• Interrogating MOD Logistics Information Systems (IS) to provide supply chain data on request.
• Perform a variety of tasks to ensure that the Logistics IS reflect an accurate record of MOD Inventory held within HMNB Clyde, ensuring that supply chain processes follow Government Accounting Regulations.
• Work closely with Defence Equipment and Support and the Submarine Delivery Agency Supply Chain Managers on all matters related to Inventory held within HMNB Clyde.
• Engaging with internal and external stakeholders as required on matters related to internal distribution within HMNB Clyde.
Due to the security requirements of the position, the role is open to applications from sole UK Nationals only.
What you will be assessed against
To be successful with your application you must demonstrate that you meet the following essential criteria:
• Able to learn quickly with the ability to work individually and as part of a team.
• Intermediate IT skills and proficiency in the use of databases and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
• Good customer focus and stakeholder engagement experience.
• Demonstrable communication skills, both verbal and written.
It will also benefit your application if you are able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
• A background working within Supply Chain Management.
• Use of MOD ILOG systems or equivalent
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competencies and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
• Managing support, supplier, and customer networks – Supervised practitioner level
• Customer service – Supervised practitioner level
• Changing and improving
• Communicating and influencing
What’s in it for you?
Our careers offer stability, training, progression – and much more! Discover more about what we offer in our Little Book of Big Benefits. Find out more about our pension schemes.
We’re exploring future ways of working with a flexible and a family-friendly approach in mind. This means that successful candidates may be offered the option of hybrid working, combining working at home with working at their contractual location. Further information relevant to hybrid working will be discussed with you prior to you taking up your post, to find a balance that suits your needs and those of the organisation. Please note that employees are responsible for meeting the cost of their travel to and from work when attending site.
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and are dedicated to creating a great place to work that reflects the diversity of the society we serve. To help us do this, we particularly encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, disabled people and people from LGBT communities. By bringing together different ideas, experiences and perspectives, we can achieve our ambitions, together.
Please click the link below to apply by creating an account and uploading your details.