Job description for Senior Supply Chain Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join us as a Senior Supply Chain Manger in the Weapons Operating Centre (WOC).
In this role you will be working closely with the WOC Supply Chain Managers, Technical Through Life Support team leaders, Operating Centre Senior Inventory Managers, and the wider DE&S/MoD stakeholders.
You will create strong working relationships with many internal and external stakeholders, in a drive to ensure output is maintained, whilst in accordance with policy and continually driving for improvement.
Leading a small team, you will be responsible for many Supply Chain Management initiatives.
As an experienced Supply Chain Manager, you will have an engaging nature with an attention to detail and a drive to deliver at the highest standard. You will be adept at using Supply Chain information systems, as you will be supporting several new process rollouts, so will understand and have experience in introducing change.
Please note that this role is based in our offices in Bristol and regular in-office attendance will be expected.
Please note that, due to security requirements, this post is reserved for SOLE UK nationals.
We strongly recommend tailoring your CV in line with our CV guidance before applying, with specific sections to highlight Key Achievements, Relevant Experience, and Applied Skills & Knowledge.
Responsibilities for Senior Supply Chain Manager
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Working closely with Senior Inventory Managers across WOC to share best practice and work towards OGSM and OC targets.
- Supporting the creation and monitoring the Annual Budgetary Cycle.
- Monitoring and reporting Supply Chain Performance.
- When needed developing delivery and improvement plans.
- Driving improvements into special projects such as GFE, Demand tool and other change initiatives.
- Managing a small team of Supply Chain Managers.
- Monthly reporting on the HIMA dashboard.
- Managing SCM resourcing across the Operating Centre.
- Leading on the Demand tool rollout, BMFS & WOC BIWMS, Astrid/Amanda support.
- Lead for the Custom Warehouse process and assurance.
- GFE focal point.
- Create and lead for the WOC SCM strategy.
To be successful with your application, you’ll need to show that you meet the following essential criteria:
- Experience of stakeholder and relationship management
- Experience in delivering customer service
- Experience in leading a team
- Experience of continuous improvement and leading a team through change
- Experience working in and developing a Supply Chain
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and Teams)
It will also benefit your application if you are able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
- Weapons Operating Centre experience
- Level 5 qualification in Supply Chain Management or similar, such as CILT/CIPS
- A chartered status from one of the professional bodies associated with your specialist field e.g. CMILT, MCIPS
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (MCIPS)
- Experience using Logistic Information Systems
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competences and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
- Customer Service (Expert)
- Managing Support, Supplier and Customer Networks (Expert)
- Leadership (CSBC4)
- Changing and Improving (CSBC4)
We’re pleased to offer a generous benefits package to support everything from your work-life balance to your bank balance, including:
- 25 days’ holiday a year, plus 1 day a year up to 30 days, 8 bank holidays and a day off for the King’s birthday
- A market-leading employer pension contribution of around 27 percent, an annual performance-based bonus, and recognition awards
- Flexible and hybrid working wherever possible, to support your work-life balance (though some attendance to the stated site is required)
- Access to specialist training and funded professional qualifications, with plenty of opportunities and support for progression
- A huge range of discounts including retail, sports, leisure, restaurants, gifts, days out, holidays, cinema, motoring, insurance, health care, gym memberships, and more
- Up to six days of paid leave a year for volunteering
- Enhanced maternity, adoption, and shared parental leave schemes, offering 100% pay for 26 weeks (after a qualifying period)
- We champion a diverse and inclusive environment, where everyone can be themselves and give their best. We believe that by harnessing the power of different ideas, experiences, and perspectives, we can achieve our ambitions, together. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
- Discover more about Little Book of Big Benefits and pension schemes.
Please click the link below to apply for Senior Supply Chain Manager by creating an account and uploading your details.