Are you a high performing Project Manager? Are you used to delivering complex projects?
DE&S have an opportunity to become part of the Strategic Enablers (SE) domain. SE delivers a wide range of capabilities to the Royal Navy, the Army and the Royal Air Force as well as Strategic Command.
Within the integrated Battlespace Operating Centre, the Air Defence and Electronic Warfare Systems Delivery Team (ADEWS DT) is based at RAF Henlow and is responsible for a variety of projects and in-service support in the area of air defence radar, radios, antennas structures and radomes and specialist electronic warfare facilities.
If successful, you will be expected to manage complex projects addressing unpredictable situations, whilst also influencing acquisition strategy and aligning projects to our organisational vision and objectives.
Candidates should be aware that, under the Defence Estate Optimisation Strategy, RAF Henlow has been identified as a site for release. Further information will be made available as it becomes available.
- Accountable for establishing, leading and managing high performing multi-disciplinary teams and setting project, change programme, or Order Book Item (OBI) direction across all Functions to deliver agreed outcomes
• Deliver agreed outcomes within associated sub-portfolios or complex projects
• Responsible for supporting an open, honest, no blame culture. Actively discussing failures and shortfalls positively and drawing through LFE and enacting mitigations and engaging with PM Function to mitigate wider occurrence
• Accountable for the successful delivery of assigned projects along with supporting documentation and within the specified performance, cost and time parameters. This includes ensuring the most cost-effective means of delivery whilst mitigating risk
• Responsible for embedding and adhering to all governance and policy and enabling compliance throughout own team, ensuring appropriate challenge and gaining approval to deviate when necessary
• Agree the objective, requirements and the means of acceptance with the customer in line with the MoD’s Operating Model and Defence Lines of Development
• Drive the timely establishment of contracts with Commercial Officers to enable the required contractual contribution from industry. Deliver project requirements, sustain and leverage value through the monitoring and management of contract performance against commitments (product and services) and meet our own obligations under the contract
• Responsible for meeting budgets within all In-Year and longer-term accounting periods for the Equipment Procurement Plan (EPP), Equipment Support Plan (ESP) and Operational Expenditure (OpEx). Ensuring that the wider financial (and resource) profiles are driven from the activities in the project schedule and the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
• Accountable for ensuring that the wider financial (and resource) profiles are adhered to
• Lead the construction (through the Project Controls Function) of the Performance Measurement Baseline for the project/portfolio
• Champion career management and proactively support the wider development of the PM community
What you will be assessed against
- To be found successful you must demonstrate the following essential criteria:
• Significant experience of leading and managing a project management team delivering complex portfolio projects
• Experience of building and maintaining a network of key stakeholders, including suppliersIt would benefit your application should you be able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
• APM Project Management Qualification, Member of APM, Managing Successful Programmes, Prince2 or a relevant post graduate qualification e.g. MSc Project ManagementIf you are invited to an interview, you will be assessed against the following technical competencies:
• Acquisition Project Management
• Stakeholder ManagementIf you are invited to an interview, you will be assessed against the following behaviours:
• Seeing the big picture
• Communicating and influencing
What’s in it for you?
- You will receive a generous benefits package including market leading employer pension contributions of around 21% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you where possible, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with opportunity for movement and promotion. Some of our sites include an onsite gym, onsite restaurants, cafes and much more.Find out more about what we offer by clicking here or by using ‘The Little Book of Big Benefits’ booklet PDF at the bottom of this page.Applicants should be aware that any move across the Civil Service may have implications on an employee’s ability to carry on claiming childcare vouchers.
About your team
- The Project Management Function provides a pipeline of project professionals to deliver our complex programme of work. The breadth of what our Project Managers do, means a career with us gives you a fantastic level of variety and a genuine ability to develop your project management career. From developing the nation’s future submarines to acquiring armoured vehicles, our work is at the forefront of fast-paced, cutting-edge project delivery.
Senior Project Manager
£46,750 – £55,000 per annum (plus benefits)
Flexible working, Full-time, Job share, Part-time
Number of posts