Job description for SDA Quality Engineer
The SDA has exciting career opportunities for eager and motivated Quality Engineers to join our most modern and technically advanced projects. There are three positions available in the SDA’s specialist Principal Naval Overseers (PNO) team in Barrow-in-Furness.
The PNO are a specialist, collaborative and welcoming team of engineers that provide independent assurance to submarine build activities. In joining them, you will have the opportunity to apply your engineering experience to develop a deep knowledge of Nuclear Submarine build and commissioning.
You will be inducted into a hybrid working and fair and ethical environment, promoting personal development and career progression. A career with the PNO will enrich your future and, through our engineering upskilling policy, offer unrivalled opportunities for promotion as well as specialist technical training to support your career in engineering. We care about your career path, will encourage your progression, and nurture your development by your side.
Please be advised that due to the nature of security, these roles are reserved for sole UK Nationals only.
Responsibilities for SDA Quality Engineer
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Conducting proactive process compliance quality assurance/surveillance activities on submarine programmes
- Identify and manage quality risks that impact submarine build programmes.
- Monitor and support the Quality Improvement Programme, measuring progress and effectiveness. Conducting internal audits of PNO process compliance and effectiveness of activity.
- Providing oversight of quality investigations, ensuring PNO quality and technical considerations are appropriately represented and adequately addressed.
- Ensure appropriate assurance activities that enable stakeholder requirements to be effectively implemented across submarine programmes.
To be successful with your application, you’ll need to show that you meet the following essential criteria:
- Relevant Level 4 (or higher) qualification or equivalent experience.
- Applied knowledge in the application of Quality Assurance within the acquisition environment.
- A breadth of industry/manufacturing and Quality Assurance experience
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competencies and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
- Technical Requirements, Evaluation and Acceptance – Supervised Practitioner
- Acquisition Assurance– Practitioner
- Communicating and influencing
- Changing and Improving
We’re pleased to offer a generous benefits package to support everything from your work-life balance to your bank balance, including:
- 25 days’ holiday a year, plus 1 day a year up to 30 days, 8 bank holidays and a day off for the King’s birthday
- A market-leading employer pension contribution of around 27 percent, an annual performance-based bonus, and recognition awards
- Flexible and hybrid working wherever possible, to support your work-life balance (though some attendance to the stated site is required)
- Access to specialist training and funded professional qualifications, with plenty of opportunities and support for progression
- A huge range of discounts including retail, sports, leisure, restaurants, gifts, days out, holidays, cinema, motoring, insurance, health care, gym memberships, and more
- Up to six days of paid leave a year for volunteering
- Enhanced maternity, adoption, and shared parental leave schemes, offering 100% pay for 26 weeks (after a qualifying period)
- We champion a diverse and inclusive environment, where everyone can be themselves and give their best. We believe that by harnessing the power of different ideas, experiences, and perspectives, we can achieve our ambitions, together. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
- Discover more about SDA Benefits and pension schemes.
Please click the link below to apply for SDA Quality Engineer by creating an account and uploading your details.