Job description for SDA Project Manager
The SDA (Submarine Delivery Agency) has a great opportunity for an Project Manager to deliver and co-ordinate all services that a key facility provides in support to all Ops. Join one of our forward thinking and progressive team, giving you a fantastic chance to form an integral part of our Project Delivery function.
There is an opportunity for a L3 Project Manager to join the SDA Team based in Corsham. The role is responsible for managing future capability projects and research input to the capability area. Managing current in-service contracts and changes to them to deliver new capability. Co-ordinating and managing change to all projects on site. The role is responsible for managing future capability projects and research input to the capability. Managing current in-service contracts and changes to them to deliver new capability. Co-ordinating and managing change to all projects on site.
At SDA we offer outstanding training and development opportunities, defined progression routes, and a host of other benefits including our ‘Smarter Working’ policy, which means that you’ll be able to enjoy a high degree of flexible working whilst also having the opportunity to work closely with key stakeholders onsite in at Corsham.
Please note, the working condition for this role is situated in an underground facility and therefore, for health & safety reasons the successful applicant for the Project Manger post must be physically able of climbing thirteen flights of stairs in the event of an emergency.
Please note, due to the nature of the work all posts are Reserved (open to UK Nationals only) and the successful candidate will be required to attain DV (Developed Vetting) clearance once in post.
We operate a hybrid working environment, although given the requirements of the role the expectation is that you will attend the Corsham site approximately three days per week and initially, you will be expected to attend more frequently to familiarise yourself with the site, the team and the product you will be working on in more detail.
This post is on the MOD Civilian Nuclear Post Control List (PCL) and may attract the Nuclear Recruitment and Retention Allowance (RRA). This is a discretionary allowance. The post being listed on the PCL does not mean that the post holder will have an automatic entitlement to receive the RRA. The NSQEP RRA is not a contractual allowance and can be amended or withdrawn without notice in line with MOD Main and Submarine Delivery Agency policy.
This post may be eligible for the NSQEP Recruitment Retention Allowance of up to £12,000 per annum. This allowance is discretionary and will be dependent on a candidate’s ability to successfully demonstrate the necessary competency, qualifications, and experience to an independent panel of Subject Matter Experts.
Responsibilities for SDA Project Manager
As a Project Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Accountability for the delivery of specific project outputs as well as supporting of the wider team’s obligations ensuring the most cost-effective and efficient means of performance
- Act as point of contact for the Defence Nuclear Organistion (DNO) for all new work/capability outside of existing project scope. Supporting the interface and development with multiple Stakeholders, covering both day-to-day project tasks and emergent issues with varying levels of complexity
- Establishing and managing a Joint Planning Team with the TS/001 support contractor. Ensuring work requests are triaged and added to the programmes of work. Where priority calls are required provide escalation to senior management.
- Engaging with stakeholders to identify opportunities and support mitigation of risks, to support project delivery
- Act as deputy control account manager for the site. Produce management information on all projects performance for reporting to the project team Level 5. Run the monthly technical progress review (TPR) and input to TSPT TPRs.
- Manage the supplier contracts. Amend or task as necessary to incorporate new work requests. Budget delegated for in scope change.
- Demonstrating a positive can-do attitude to all aspects of work, with the adaptability and versatility to act as a catalyst for change
- Contributing to the wider professionalism through a commitment to self-learning and supporting your team’s learning and development
- Supporting an open, honest, no blame culture, actively highlighting failures and shortfalls and learning from experience
To be successful with your application, you’ll need to show that you meet the following essential criteria:
- A qualification in APM PMQ/MSP or similar relevant qualification or equivalent work experience
- Experience building relationships and working with stakeholders
- Experience of managing multiple projects simultaneously
It would also be great if you can demonstrate any of the following desirable criteria:
- Experience in working with policy and governance
- Experience working in continuous improvements
- Experience managing large in-service contracts
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competences and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
- Stakeholder Management
- Controlling a Project
- Changing and Improving
We’re pleased to offer a generous benefits package to support everything from your work-life balance to your bank balance, including:
- 25 days’ holiday a year, plus 1 day a year up to 30 days, 8 bank holidays and a day off for the King’s birthday
- A market-leading employer pension contribution of around 27 percent, an annual performance-based bonus, and recognition awards
- Flexible and hybrid working wherever possible, to support your work-life balance (though some attendance to the stated site is required)
- Access to specialist training and funded professional qualifications, with plenty of opportunities and support for progression
- A huge range of discounts including retail, sports, leisure, restaurants, gifts, days out, holidays, cinema, motoring, insurance, health care, gym memberships, and more
- Up to six days of paid leave a year for volunteering
- Enhanced maternity, adoption, and shared parental leave schemes, offering 100% pay for 26 weeks (after a qualifying period)
- We champion a diverse and inclusive environment, where everyone can be themselves and give their best. We believe that by harnessing the power of different ideas, experiences, and perspectives, we can achieve our ambitions, together. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
- Discover more about SDA Benefitsand pension schemes.
Please click the link below to apply for SDA Project Manager by creating an account and uploading your details.