Job description for SDA Junior Engineer
The SDA has exciting career opportunities for eager and motivated engineers to join our most modern and technically advanced projects. The posts will suit eager time-served apprentices, engineering graduates and talented individuals looking for their first opportunity in engineering, support to develop themselves professionally and exposure to some of the world’s most modern and technically advanced projects.
You will be inducted into a hybrid working, fair and ethical environment, promoting personal development and career progression. A career with the SDA will enrich your future and, through our engineering upskilling policy, offer unrivalled opportunities for promotion as well as specialist technical training to support your career in engineering. We care about your career path, will encourage your progression, and nurture your development by your side.
Please be advised that due to the nature of security, these roles are reserved for sole UK Nationals only. Due to there being posts in multiple teams, the SDA reserve the right to offer the highest scoring applicant/s for each team/ respectively, subject to requirements.
Responsibilities for SDA Junior Engineer
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Support the development and maintenance of requirements for a sub-system including its in-service support.
- Collect, collate and evaluate technical data to support the management of engineering technical requirements.
- Provide support in the development and / or acceptance of a sub-system.
- Service provider delivering enabling services to projects or the Engineering Function.
- Contribute to the design of a sub-system, component or process that meets the customer requirement within realistic constraints.
- Draft recommendations in relation to their technical area of knowledge.
To be successful with your application, you’ll need to show that you meet the following essential criteria:
- Relevant Level 4 (or higher) qualification or equivalent experience.
- Some experience within their discipline or specialist area (work based or education)
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competencies and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
- Application of Analytical Techniques – Supervised Practitioner
- Technical Decision-Making – Awareness
- Communicating and Influencing
- Working Together
We’re pleased to offer a generous benefits package to support everything from your work-life balance to your bank balance, including:
- 25 days’ holiday a year, plus 1 day a year up to 30 days, 8 bank holidays and a day off for the King’s birthday
- A market-leading employer pension contribution of around 27 percent, an annual performance-based bonus, and recognition awards
- Flexible and hybrid working wherever possible, to support your work-life balance (though some attendance to the stated site is required)
- Access to specialist training and funded professional qualifications, with plenty of opportunities and support for progression
- A huge range of discounts including retail, sports, leisure, restaurants, gifts, days out, holidays, cinema, motoring, insurance, health care, gym memberships, and more
- Up to six days of paid leave a year for volunteering
- Enhanced maternity, adoption, and shared parental leave schemes, offering 100% pay for 26 weeks (after a qualifying period)
- We champion a diverse and inclusive environment, where everyone can be themselves and give their best. We believe that by harnessing the power of different ideas, experiences, and perspectives, we can achieve our ambitions, together. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
- Discover more about SDA Benefits and pension schemes.
Please click the link below to apply for SDA Junior Engineer by creating an account and uploading your details.