Job description for DE&S Lead Data Scientist
The SDA (Submarine Delivery Agency) has a great opportunity for an IT Operations Manager to deliver and co-ordinate all ICT services that a key facility provides in support to all Ops. Join one of our forward thinking and progressive teams based at Corsham, giving you a fantastic chance to form an integral part of our Information Management & Information Technology (IM&IT) function.
This role, IT Operations Manager, is the Ministry of Defence lead for all ICT services and intelligent customers for the contracted ICT services. You will be the primary customer interface for ICT for all systems and ensures there is sufficient ICT knowledge and experience in the MoD team to enable us to challenge and support how our services are delivered.
The post for IT Operations Manager is a newly created high profile role with opportunity for an individual to shape the scope, team and support services. Responsible for developing the long-term strategy for a bespoke specialist critical ICT system. Responsible for >£1M a year ICT budget with the potential to increase. Specialist training is available to allow individuals to develop in the role as well as opportunities for international travel.
At SDA we offer outstanding development opportunities, defined progression routes, and a host of other benefits including our ‘Smarter Working’ policy, which means that you’ll be able to enjoy a high degree of flexible working whilst also having the opportunity to work closely with key stakeholders onsite in at Corsham.
Please note, the working condition for this role is situated in an underground facility and therefore, for health & safety reasons the successful applicant for IT Operations Manager must be physically able of climbing thirteen flights of stairs in the event of an emergency.
Also note some attendance to the stated site may be required for this position.
Please note, due to the nature of the work all posts are Reserved (open to UK Nationals only) and the successful candidate will be required to attain DV (Developed Vetting) clearance once in post.
We strongly recommend tailoring your CV in line with our CV guidance before applying, with specific sections to highlight Key Achievements, Relevant Experience, and Applied Skills & Knowledge.
Responsibilities for DE&S Lead Data Scientist
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Lead the IT Operations team to ensure high quality service is delivered that meets the needs of the stakeholders
- Agreeing contracts for the provision of goods/services needed for delivery, monitoring compliance, and managing variances including monitoring and controlling financial aspects
- Managing a diverse range of stakeholders, taking account of their levels of influence and interests
- Lead the remedial actions from audits and compliance activity to improve service resilience
- Responsible for incident management and problem resolution, communicating resolution progress to stakeholders, ensuring lesson learned are gathered, to form evidence based continuous improvement
Manage the lifecycle for all managed assets (software & licenses) including inventory, compliance, usage, and disposal to comply with all guidelines and regulations
To be successful with your application, you’ll need to show that you meet the following essential criteria:
- Experience working in IT Operations or infrastructure and application support
- Experience of Internal and External Stakeholders relationship
It would also be great if you can demonstrate any of the following desirable criteria:
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Practitioner qualification or willingness to work towards
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competences and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
- Service Delivery and Operations (Practitioner)
- Change & Transformation (Supervised Practitioner)
- Communicating And Influencing – CSBC3
Managing a Quality Service – CSBC3
We’re pleased to offer a generous benefits package to support everything from your work-life balance to your bank balance, including:
- 25 days’ holiday a year, plus 1 day a year up to 30 days, 8 bank holidays and a day off for the King’s birthday
- A market-leading employer pension contribution of around 27 percent, an annual performance-based bonus, and recognition awards
- Flexible and hybrid working wherever possible, to support your work-life balance (though some attendance to the stated site is required)
- Access to specialist training and funded professional qualifications, with plenty of opportunities and support for progression
- A huge range of discounts including retail, sports, leisure, restaurants, gifts, days out, holidays, cinema, motoring, insurance, health care, gym memberships, and more
- Up to six days of paid leave a year for volunteering
- Enhanced maternity, adoption, and shared parental leave schemes, offering 100% pay for 26 weeks (after a qualifying period)
- We champion a diverse and inclusive environment, where everyone can be themselves and give their best. We believe that by harnessing the power of different ideas, experiences, and perspectives, we can achieve our ambitions, together. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
- Discover more about Little Book of Big Benefitsand pension schemes.
Please click the link below to apply for SDA IT Operations Manager by creating an account and uploading your details.