Job description for Scrum Master
We are recruiting for a Scrum Master to join our small Strategic Enablers team at our MOD site in Abbey Wood, Bristol.
As one of our current Scrum Masters describes it – the role and team you will be involved in will be fun and fast paced which relies on soft skills and the ability to understand the scrum and agile frameworks and implement these into the team to improve efficiencies.
The typical responsibilities include:
- Create a high-performance self-managing dynamic team, minimising impediments to development progress to maximise value delivery of complex change.
- Support and guide the development team by applying the agile process to achieve an optimised workflow through continuous improvement.
- Support team goals and coordinate activity with other teams.
- Coaching high performing teams and the organisation and wider stakeholders in agile practices
You will benefit from flexible working and although this will vary, you will typically be expected to be in the office 2 days per week and whilst on site, you’ll experience our impressive range of on-site facilities including a restaurant and coffee bistros and free parking. Our sports facilities include a fully equipped gym and sports hall with bookable classes, as well as a squash court, tennis courts and a football pitch.
Responsibilities for Scrum Master
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Determines appropriate methods, ceremonies, tools, approaches (e.g. Scrum/Kanban/Scrumban etc), techniques and frameworks according to the context of the deliverable
- Ensures that all Scrum events take place and are positive, productive, and based on empiricism
- Leads and supports the Scrum Team and the larger organisation in Agile practices
- Coaches the team members in self-management, monitors team performance and creates continual improvement ethos
- Supports employees and stakeholders understand and enact an empirical approach for complex work
- Facilitates group events for effective outcomes, endorses innovation and creativity in deliverables
To be successful with your application, you’ll need to show that you meet the following essential criteria:
- Scum Master Certified
- Experienced Scrum Master & Practitioner in Lean principles
- Practitioner in agile frameworks (within Agile umbrella)
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competences and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
- Agile Frameworks – Practitioner
- Change and Transformation – Practitioner
- Changing and Improving – CSBC 3
- Communicating and Influencing – CSBC 3
We’re pleased to offer a generous benefits package to support everything from your work-life balance to your bank balance, including:
- 25 days’ holiday a year, plus 1 day a year up to 30 days, 8 bank holidays and a day off for the King’s birthday
- A market-leading employer pension contribution of around 27 percent, an annual performance-based bonus, and recognition awards
- Flexible and hybrid working wherever possible, to support your work-life balance (though some attendance to the stated site is required)
- Access to specialist training and funded professional qualifications, with plenty of opportunities and support for progression
- A huge range of discounts including retail, sports, leisure, restaurants, gifts, days out, holidays, cinema, motoring, insurance, health care, gym memberships, and more
- Up to six days of paid leave a year for volunteering
- Enhanced maternity, adoption, and shared parental leave schemes, offering 100% pay for 26 weeks (after a qualifying period)
- We champion a diverse and inclusive environment, where everyone can be themselves and give their best. We believe that by harnessing the power of different ideas, experiences, and perspectives, we can achieve our ambitions, together. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
- Discover more about Little Book of Big Benefits and pension schemes.
Please click the link below to apply for Scrum Master by creating an account and uploading your details.