Job description for Reliability Engineer
Do you have experience of working in a Reliability or Maintainability environment and would be fascinated by the chance to work on military platforms and systems? Are you passionate about the defence of the United Kingdom, with a good moral compass and drive to protect people? If so, we have a unique opportunity to join the Land domain here at Defence Equipment & Support (DE&S).
In joining the Support Engineering Team, you will become part of a team of Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in the field of Reliability and Maintainability (R&M) and Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM), which forms part of the Logistic Support Operating Centre (LSOC).
You will be working across a wide variety of high-profile projects involving anything from aircraft carriers to missiles. This multifaceted role will allow you to broaden your knowledge, develop your skills and make a difference to the UK’s Defence industry whilst supporting our Armed Forces.
Due to the nature of security requirements, this role is reserved for sole UK nationals only.
Responsibilities for Reliability Engineer
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Manage the delivery of Reliability and Maintainability (R&M) programmes and products for complex equipment
- Provide expert advice and guidance establishing R&M contracts (including leading expert help on the drafting of pre-qualification questions, and assessment criteria of invitation to negotiate and invitation to tender R&M elements)
- Manage and establish the R&M requirements, developing the initial R&M case and evaluating R&M demonstrations
- Providing Subject Matter Expertise support at Incident Sentencing Committees and R&M working groups/panels
- Lead on the development of the working process and procedures used within the organisation to ensure that R&M policy is adhered to
To be successful with your application, you’ll need to show that you meet the following essential criteria:
- You will hold a minimum of a Level 4 (i.e., HNC) qualification in a relevant Engineering/Science discipline, or will demonstrate the equivalent level of experience
- Experience of applying reliability techniques whilst delivering successful engineering outcomes
- Evidence of internal/external stakeholder management
- Demonstrable evidence of identifying and articulating technical risks
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competences and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
- Application of Analytical Techniques (Practitioner)
- Technical Decision Making (Practitioner)
- Communicating and influencing
We’re pleased to offer a generous benefits package to support everything from your work-life balance to your bank balance, including:
- 25 days’ holiday a year, plus 1 day a year up to 30 days, 8 bank holidays and a day off for the King’s birthday
- A market-leading employer pension contribution of around 27 percent, an annual performance-based bonus, and recognition awards
- Flexible and hybrid working wherever possible, to support your work-life balance (though some attendance to the stated site is required)
- Access to specialist training and funded professional qualifications, with plenty of opportunities and support for progression
- A huge range of discounts including retail, sports, leisure, restaurants, gifts, days out, holidays, cinema, motoring, insurance, health care, gym memberships, and more
- Up to six days of paid leave a year for volunteering
- Enhanced maternity, adoption, and shared parental leave schemes, offering 100% pay for 26 weeks (after a qualifying period)
- We champion a diverse and inclusive environment, where everyone can be themselves and give their best. We believe that by harnessing the power of different ideas, experiences, and perspectives, we can achieve our ambitions, together. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
- Discover more about Little Book of Big Benefits and pension schemes.
Please click the link below to apply for Reliability Engineer by creating an account and uploading your details.