The Defence Quality Assurance Field Force (DQA-FF) is the primary organisation within MOD for the delivery of Government Quality Assurance Surveillance (GQAS) during all phases of defence capability acquisition.
GQA provides confidence to the Acquirer that contractual requirements related to quality are performed effectively. This is achieved through the deployment of subject matter experts who apply GQAS techniques within the defence supply chain throughout the project life cycle. These techniques are applied at Management System, process or product level, and are based on an assessment of the supplier’s capability and performance.
Our successful Quality Assurance engineer will be appointed as a Section Leader responsible for managing 4 Quality Engineers who are based at BAE Systems, Samlesbury.
Knowledge of the use of NATO, Defence, National and International Quality Management and Quality Assurance standards would be advantageous. It would benefit your application if you be able to demonstrate Chartered Quality Professional (CQP), Quality Practitioner or has demonstrated equivalent knowledge, skills and experience.
Please note that due to the nature of the projects involved, this role is open to applications from sole UK Nationals only.
Responsibilities for Quality Assurance Manager
The responsibilities of these posts will include, but not be limited to, the following:
This is a resident Engineers role responsible for QA Engineers who conduct surveillance of the supplier aircraft and airframes at BAE’s Samlesbury premises, with office facilities for the team.
The work is interesting and provides the opportunity to develop your knowledge.
Experience of Engineering Quality Assurance within an engineering environment particularly gained within the air vehicle sector would be advantageous.
The post will include some duty travel within the UK with occasional overnight stays. Travel to and from suppliers within the section’s area of responsibility is also expected.
- Ensures quality risks and opportunities are captured and actively managed
- Specify contract quality requirements and contribute to supplier selection
- Determine quality management and assurance approaches with suppliers and ensure technical risks are understood and managed
- Develop QA surveillance and assurance plans in response to supplier, supply chain and technical risk
- Conduct and manage the delivery of QA surveillance in support of risk management, supplier oversight/assurance, verification, validation and acceptance
- Contribute to Quality investigations, root cause analysis, internal process performance improvement activities and supplier escalations/interventions
- Coordinate and monitor all delivery area quality management and assurance activities including contract quality performance. Typical Experience, Qualifications and Registration