Share this job with family or a friend
Job description for Quality Assurance Engineer
Are you a Quality Assurance Engineer looking for a motivating, hands-on role working on some of the UK’s most prominent defence programmes, whilst being supported to develop your skills? If so, you could benefit from this excellent opportunity within the Land Equipment Operating Centre (LEOC), here at DE&S.
Specifically, this role will be working across several of our high-profile complex Vehicle programmes. All our programmes are critical to providing the Army with the next generations of Fighting Vehicles which incorporate cutting edge technology, capable of coping with the demands of the modern battlefield.
We are passionate about supporting and developing our workforce, and this role is no exception. You will be supported and encouraged to develop your specialist knowledge through a structured development programme to progress towards becoming a Chartered Quality Professional, whilst having access to a wide range of MOD Quality Assurance training.
Please note, for the successful applicant, regular domestic travel to other UK sites will be required and international travel may be included.
Due to the nature of security requirements, this role is open to sole UK nationals only.
Responsibilities for Quality Assurance Engineer
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Providing advice, guidance, and support to Delivery Teams on the implementation of quality policy and assuring compliance
- Managing quality across the contractual boundary, including determining appropriate quality criteria for contracts and assessing supplier deliverables
- Auditing such as identifying and managing quality related risks, including product related risk, facilitating investigations of equipment faults
- Contribute to Quality investigations, root cause analysis, internal process performance improvement activities and supplier escalations/interventions
- Specify contract quality requirements and contribute to supplier selection
To be successful with your application, you’ll need to show that you meet the following essential criteria:
- You will hold a minimum of a Level 4 (i.e., HNC) qualification in a relevant discipline, or will demonstrate the equivalent level of experience
- You shall have Practitioner (PCQI) membership from the CQI or able to demonstrate that this can be achieved within the next 12 months
- Breadth of industry/manufacturing and Quality Assurance experience
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competences and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
- Acquisition Assurance (Practitioner)
- Technical Requirements, Evaluation and Acceptance (Supervised practitioner)
- Communicating and influencing
- Changing and improving
We’re pleased to offer a generous benefits package to support everything from your work-life balance to your bank balance, including:
- 25 days’ holiday a year, plus 1 day a year up to 30 days, 8 bank holidays and a day off for the King’s birthday
- A market-leading employer pension contribution of around 27 percent, an annual performance-based bonus, and recognition awards
- Flexible and hybrid working wherever possible, to support your work-life balance (though some attendance to the stated site is required)
- Access to specialist training and funded professional qualifications, with plenty of opportunities and support for progression
- A huge range of discounts including retail, sports, leisure, restaurants, gifts, days out, holidays, cinema, motoring, insurance, health care, gym memberships, and more
- Up to six days of paid leave a year for volunteering
- Enhanced maternity, adoption, and shared parental leave schemes, offering 100% pay for 26 weeks (after a qualifying period)
- We champion a diverse and inclusive environment, where everyone can be themselves and give their best. We believe that by harnessing the power of different ideas, experiences, and perspectives, we can achieve our ambitions, together. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
- Discover more about Little Book of Big Benefits and pension schemes.
Ready to join us as a Quality Assurance Engineer? Apply today.
Quality Assurance Engineer
£35,200 to £38,000 per annum (plus generous benefits).
Flexible working, Full-time, Job share, Part-time
Number of posts
Paula Kujawa – DE&S Talent Acquisition Specialist – Paula.Kujawa@reed.com