Job description for Postal and Mail Supervisor
Our Integrated Logistics (ILog) function manages and delivers the tools, parts and in-service support that keep vehicles and equipment well-maintained, from their first launch to the day they’re retired from service. We’re pleased to offer challenging and interesting careers that bring a sense of pride and purpose. By joining our team, you’ll find yourself a role where your voice is heard, your impact is felt, and your contribution is recognised.
You’ll also benefit from plenty of opportunities for development, access to specialist training and funded professional qualifications, and a c.27% employer pension contribution. You’ll also have access to a wide range of employee networks, including the Women’s Inclusive Network, Race & Culture Network, Pride Network, Disability Network – and many more. We recognise that the best people for the job may have commitments outside of work, so we’re pleased to promote flexible working to support our colleagues in balancing work and home life.
Are you looking for a challenging career? Can you ensure that the Armed Forces Post and Mail is handled securely, safely, and responsibly to support the defence of the UK?
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Postal and Mail Supervisor to work within our British Forces Postal Office (BFPO).
As the Postal and Mail Supervisor, you will manage the Defence Mail Centre (DMC), ensuring it is properly staffed to maintain appropriate services at the advised opening times. You will be expected to manage and maintain the Postal Budget producing accurate statistics and returns as required by BFPO. Using available resources, you’ll maintain the flow of mail into and out of the DMC to the needs of the customer in accordance with BFPO Key Targets.
For centuries, our Armed Forces have managed an in-house postal service, delivering mail across our military history, including both World Wars. You’ll ensure that the Armed Forces mail is handled in a secure, safe, and timely fashion and be responsible for ensuring the correct receipting, sorting and dispatch of all types of mail in a secure, logical, and methodical manner.
The BFPO provides postal and courier services to the UK Armed Forces, Ministry of Defence (MOD) and Other Government Departments (OGDs) and is a renowned brand industry wide.
You will play a vital role in sustaining morale and operational effectiveness, keeping our Armed Forces, MOD and OGDs connected through a range of services. Approximately 250 dedicated, hard-working civilian and military staff work collaboratively across 11 sites in the UK to deliver personal, official, and classified mail to over 650 locations across the globe.
Please note this post requires 100% site attendance. The position may require occasional travel across the U.K. Travel and subsistence costs will be covered.
We strongly recommend tailoring your CV in line with our CV guidance before applying, with specific sections to highlight Key Achievements, Relevant Experience, and Applied Skills & Knowledge.
Responsibilities for Postal and Mail Supervisor
We are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated, hardworking and organised individual who can work in a customer-focused environment and to tight timescales, while remaining positive and focused on delivery.
The responsibilities of this post will include, but not be limited to, the following:
• Act as the primary Delivery Manager and Functional Development Officer for Delivery Mail Centre (DMC) employee performance appraisal reports, staff training and training records
• Responsible for Security, Safety Health Environment and Fire and ensure that local orders are adhered to
• Maintain procedures in accordance with BFPO / DMC (Management Instructions), Parcelforce, Royal Mail, and other mail services
• Management for Parcelforce (World-wide Despatch Manager, Royal Mail (on-line Business Account). BFPO / DMC on-line Despatching Process Systems
• Liaise with Royal Mail and Parcelforce Managers to ensure the best possible service is provided to customers
• Liaise with customers, keeping them up to date on the current and best methods of despatch
• Carry out driving duties in the event of staff shortages due to sickness, holidays, or other reasons
• The role tasks can involve long periods of standing
• There is a requirement to lift mail items weighing up to 11kg unaided, and up to 30kg with assistance
• There is a requirement to hold a Full UK manual transmission driving licence
Individuals are expected to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and others, whom may be affected by their acts or omissions at work. You will need to observe best practice and compliance with legislation in the protection of the environment and the conservation of energy.
What you will be assessed against
To be successful with your application you must demonstrate that you meet the following essential criteria:
• A team player and be able to work without direct supervision
• A good level of IT proficiency and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
• Hold a Full UK manual transmission driving licence
• Previous supervisory or team leader experience, preferably within a postal, logistics, distribution, manufacturing or retail services environment
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competencies and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
• Enhancing Service Support systems – Awareness
• Managing support, supplier and customer networks – Awareness
• Making effective decisions
What’s in it for you?
Please note, our salary bands are under review and may increase. If the outcome of the review results in an increase in the minimum salary and your salary offer falls below the new minimum, your salary will be increased to the new amount from your contracted start date. If the new minimum is less than the salary you are offered, the original salary offer will be retained.
Our careers offer stability, training, progression – and much more! Discover more about what we offer in our Little Book of Big Benefits. Find out more about our pension schemes.
We’re exploring future ways of working with a flexible and a family-friendly approach in mind. This means that successful candidates may be offered the option of hybrid working, combining working at home with working at their contractual location. Further information relevant to hybrid working will be discussed with you prior to you taking up your post, to find a balance that suits your needs and those of the organisation. Please note that employees are responsible for meeting the cost of their travel to and from work when attending site.
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and are dedicated to creating a great place to work that reflects the diversity of the society we serve. To help us do this, we particularly encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, disabled people and people from LGBT communities. By bringing together different ideas, experiences and perspectives, we can achieve our ambitions, together.
Please click the link below to apply by creating an account and uploading your details.