Job description for Operations Manager
We have an exciting opportunity to join the Command Support Air Transport delivery team as the Operations Manager, managing the support contract for the Envoy IV aircraft fleet.
The position will benefit from an additional recruitment and retention allowance of £1,750 pa and an Outer London Weighting of £1,500 pa.
The primary role of the Envoy is providing assured, secure, timely and discreet Air Transport of high priority military personnel and small items of mission critical freight to, from and within operational areas.
As the primary point of contact for service delivery output you will ensure the efficient delivery of contracted products and services to enable a high-profile strategic Air Transport capability to meet our defence clients’ requirements.
You will work collaboratively with a range of Stakeholders across both the Civil and Defence Aviation community, using key project management skills and techniques, to ensure effective service delivery to Senior Defence and VIP customers.
To succeed, you will need to be proactive with a continuous improvement mindset and a self-starter. You will seek information, resources, and support from others, and reach back to the core Command Support Air Transport Delivery Team based at Abbey Wood in Bristol to help achieve the results required and will routinely interact with other functional specialists.
You will help deliver outcomes including identifying risks and mitigating actions whilst engaging with stakeholders. Your approach will be to listen, understand and respect the value of different views, ideas, and ways of working to make ongoing improvements to delivery.
Managing teams, you’ll encourage a culture of learning from experience, imaginative thinking and expanding mindsets, all in the pursuit of improved quality.
These roles are based in our offices in RAF Northolt and in-office attendance will be expected as required.
Due to security requirements, these posts are reserved for Sole UK Nationals only.
Responsibilities for Operations Manager
In this role, you will be entrusted to:
- Manage the Service Delivery of the Command Support Air Transport aircraft project, while being a recognised expert in the delivery of support.
- Have good business acumen with practitioner knowledge of support costs, resources, risks, and contract management.
- Engage with suppliers and clients to drive improved performance, challenge under-performance, and manage disputes through appropriate Commercial channels.
- Investigate where the required Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) are not being achieved to the required quality, standard or timescales, help to identify the issues and take appropriate action.
- Manage resources, monitor actual spend and update forecasts to ensure the integrated support meets customer requirements fully within the agreed budget.
- Conduct regular performance reviews of support, supplier, and equipment capability to identify and manage dependencies between projects and programmes and their funding/resource requirements.
To be successful with your application, you’ll need to show that you meet the following essential criteria:
- Demonstrable experience of working within at least one of the following fields: Operations Management, Project Management, Supply Chain Management, Business Management, Engineering, Technical Through Life Support.
- Evidence of managing a team through a change, which improved the efficiency and effectiveness of the delivery of outputs to the customer that you were responsible/accountable for.
- Ability to make clear, pragmatic, and manageable plans for service delivery using operations management disciplines to meet agreed service levels whilst remaining within cost, quality, time, and safety envelopes.
- Exceptional organisational, influencing and communication skills with leadership capabilities.
- Experience of successfully managing the delivery of contract requirements and budgets including monitoring actual spend and updating forecasts.
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competences and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
- Managing support, supplier, and customer networks – Practitioner level
- Making effective decisions – Practitioner level
- Communicating and Influencing
We’re pleased to offer a generous benefits package to support everything from your work-life balance to your bank balance, including:
- 25 days’ holiday a year, plus 1 day a year up to 30 days, 8 bank holidays and a day off for the King’s birthday
- A market-leading employer pension contribution of around 27 percent, an annual performance-based bonus, and recognition awards
- Flexible and hybrid working wherever possible, to support your work-life balance (though some attendance to the stated site is required)
- Access to specialist training and funded professional qualifications, with plenty of opportunities and support for progression
- A huge range of discounts including retail, sports, leisure, restaurants, gifts, days out, holidays, cinema, motoring, insurance, health care, gym memberships, and more
- Up to six days of paid leave a year for volunteering
- Enhanced maternity, adoption, and shared parental leave schemes, offering 100% pay for 26 weeks (after a qualifying period)
- We champion a diverse and inclusive environment, where everyone can be themselves and give their best. We believe that by harnessing the power of different ideas, experiences, and perspectives, we can achieve our ambitions, together. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
- Discover more about Little Book of Big Benefits and pension schemes.
Please click the link below to apply for Operations Manager by creating an account and uploading your details.