Job description for Junior Project Manager
Are you an inspiring Project Manager excited by the opportunity to shape and define the project delivery of some of the biggest and complex defence programmes in the UK today? Defence Equipment and Support (DE&S) are currently seeking an enthusiastic, driven and dynamic Junior Project Manager to join our team at Defence Munitions (DM) Beith.
The Weapons Operating Centre (WOC) is a unique and dynamic environment. It plays a pivotal role in providing industry leading, stand alone and integrated weapon systems to each of our Front-Line Commands. In addition, it provides ammunition along with Test & Evaluation services – always ensuring optimised performance and safety to our users.
The role will be to deliver small projects, or elements of larger projects using recognised project management principles, tools and techniques. You will also be responsible for the development of business cases and project management plans, or for providing project support in the development of these documents for larger projects.
Helping to deliver outputs critical to UK Defence, you will be provided with continual training and upskilling to develop both your Project Professional skills and career.
We operate a hybrid working environment and the expectation is that you will attend site around/approximately once to twice a week according to business need/team. Initially, you may/will be expected to attend more frequently to familiarize yourselves with the site, the team and the position you will be working on in more detail.
Responsibilities for Junior Project Manager
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Coordinate multi-disciplinary teams in managing an aspect of projects.
- Develop, maintain and control all relevant project documentation from project plans, project schedules, status reports and risk registers to deliver specific project outputs within an established baseline, measuring progress via monthly reporting, explaining variances and taking corrective action
- Analyse requirements, risks, assumptions, issues, dependencies and opportunities
- Build relationships, influence stakeholders and manage expectations
- Maintain outputs in ambiguous and uncertain environments
To be successful with your application, you’ll need to show that you meet the following essential criteria:
- Experience of gathering, analysing and validating data
- Experience of engaging with stakeholders
- Contributing to project improvements or change
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competences and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
- Controlling a Project
- Changing and improving
- Delivering at pace
We’re pleased to offer a generous benefits package to support everything from your work-life balance to your bank balance, including:
- 25 days’ holiday a year, plus 1 day a year up to 30 days, 8 bank holidays and a day off for the King’s birthday
- A market-leading employer pension contribution of around 27 percent, an annual performance-based bonus, and recognition awards
- Flexible and hybrid working wherever possible, to support your work-life balance (though some attendance to the stated site is required)
- Access to specialist training and funded professional qualifications, with plenty of opportunities and support for progression
- A huge range of discounts including retail, sports, leisure, restaurants, gifts, days out, holidays, cinema, motoring, insurance, health care, gym memberships, and more
- Up to six days of paid leave a year for volunteering
- Enhanced maternity, adoption, and shared parental leave schemes, offering 100% pay for 26 weeks (after a qualifying period)
- We champion a diverse and inclusive environment, where everyone can be themselves and give their best. We believe that by harnessing the power of different ideas, experiences, and perspectives, we can achieve our ambitions, together. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
- Discover more about SDA Benefitsand pension schemes.
Please click the link below to apply for Junior Project Manager by creating an account and uploading your details.