Job description for Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) Specialist
Our Integrated Logistics (ILog) function manages and delivers the tools, parts and in-service support that keep vehicles and equipment well-maintained, from their first launch to the day they’re retired from service. We’re pleased to offer challenging and interesting careers that bring a sense of pride and purpose. By joining our team, you’ll find yourself a role where your voice is heard, your impact is felt, and your contribution is recognised.
You’ll also benefit from plenty of opportunities for development, access to specialist training and funded professional qualifications, and a c.27% employer pension contribution. You’ll also have access to a wide range of employee networks, including the Women’s Inclusive Network, Race & Culture Network, Pride Network, Disability Network – and many more. We recognise that the best people for the job may have commitments outside of work, so we’re pleased to promote flexible working to support our colleagues in balancing work and home life. Please select relevant function from drop down
World class defence equipment requires world class maintenance and support to sustain its capability in the most challenging environments around the globe.
We, at Defence Equipment & Support (DE&S), have an exciting opportunity for an Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) Specialist. You will predominantly help support the delivery of cutting-edge technology for the Royal Air Force and Royal Navy.
You will work within the Lightning Delivery Team (LDT) primarily focusing on in-service support, dealing with the current world situation and in response to front line user requirements as well as planned sustainment and supported logistic activity. You will be collaborating with designers in industry and the UK Armed Forces as end users, to provide the cost effective and technically cutting-edge support solutions required by the wide range of equipment used in defence.
The LDT is responsible for procuring, developing, and sustaining the UK’s fleet of F-35B multi-role, combat aircraft. This capability is a game changer for the Royal Air Force and Royal Navy who operate the F-35Bs. This is a fifth-generation multi-user combat aircraft with advanced sensors, mission systems and stealth technology. The LDT continues working on development and modification programmes to ensure the F-35 remains a formidable fighting force for years to come. The F-35 is the world’s largest and most ambitious defence programme involving many nations including the USA.
Working with a range of other specialists you will utilise Integrated Logistics Support methodologies to support the key activities contributing to through life support of platforms and equipment used by the UK Armed Forces, including the planning, delivery and operation of in-service support, equipment modifications and resolution of design and maintenance issues.
Please note some attendance to the stated site will be required for this position.
We strongly recommend tailoring your CV in line with our CV guidance before applying, with specific sections to highlight Key Achievements, Relevant Experience, and Applied Skills & Knowledge.
Responsibilities for Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) Specialist
In this role, you will be entrusted with:
• Upkeeping and updating technical information to ensure configuration of the platform is maintained to the associated support documentation.
• Providing and collating relevant, timely and accurate support information, data, and analysis to enable continual improvement on the support solution through working closely with colleagues and the Project Manager (PM), Operation Manager (OM)
• Contributing to defining, managing, and adjusting service contract arrangements
• Identifying and escalating the management of technical through life support risks, working within the Delivery Team
• Assisting in the development and review of Change requests to enable updates to the support solution.
• suggesting actions that help maintain the integrity of the customer service
Due to the security requirements of the position, it is open to applications from sole UK nationals only
What you will be assessed against
To be successful with your application you must demonstrate that you meet the following essential criteria:
• working in a delivery environment in support roles.
• having the ability and knowledge to interpret technical information within contractual arrangements.
• problem solving and analysing multiple sources of data to make improvements.
• communicating effectively to influence decision making.
• managing suppliers by having knowledge or understanding of the factors that are needed to sustain equipment/products.
It will also benefit your application if you are able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competencies and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
• Managing support, supplier, and customer networks – Supervised Practitioner level
• Enhancing Service Support Systems – Supervised Practitioner level
• Communicating and influencing
• Making effective decisions
What’s in it for you?
Our careers offer stability, training, progression – and much more! Discover more about what we offer in our Little Book of Big Benefits. Find out more about our pension schemes.
We’re exploring future ways of working with a flexible and a family-friendly approach in mind. This means that successful candidates may be offered the option of hybrid working, combining working at home with working at their contractual location. Further information relevant to hybrid working will be discussed with you prior to you taking up your post, to find a balance that suits your needs and those of the organisation. Please note that employees are responsible for meeting the cost of their travel to and from work when attending site.
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and are dedicated to creating a great place to work that reflects the diversity of the society we serve. To help us do this, we particularly encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, disabled people and people from LGBT communities. By bringing together different ideas, experiences and perspectives, we can achieve our ambitions, together.
Please click the link below to apply by creating an account and uploading your details.