Job Description for Information support administrator
As part of the Information Management & IT function, your impact will be felt across the organisation, helping to embed new technology and tools, automate processes and improve data management. We’ll support you to innovate, as you bring positive change and fresh ideas to the team. Don’t settle for the status quo. Improve on what’s gone before – and drive for what’s next.
This role brings access to specialist training and lots of avenues for learning and progression – whether you’re interested in developing new technical skills or reaching the next step up. You’ll also benefit from a c.27% employer pension contribution. You’ll also have access to a wide range of employee networks, including the Women’s Inclusive Network, Race & Culture Network, Pride Network, Neuro Inclusivity Network – and many more. We recognise that the best people for the job may have commitments outside of work, so we’re pleased to promote flexible working to support our colleagues in balancing work and home life.
We are currently recruiting for an Information Support Administrator to join our Information Management team. The successful candidate will provide accurate and timely administrative support to a wide variety of end-users, receiving and actioning requests, checking against best-practice and relevant policies and procedures to meet agreed SLA’s.
When in office, you’ll work onsite at Abbey Wood, interacting regularly with varied stakeholders in a complex, fast-moving environment. Our team has grown rapidly over the last year, becoming an even more valued part of the business in providing excellent technical support to users throughout the pandemic.
You’ll join an established team and will gain exposure to industry standard technologies as well as supporting exciting projects. Duties will include but not be limited to:
· Managing MOD NET and SharePoint administration, including administering permission groups
· Delivering design and build of MS Teams and SharePoint solutions
· Delivering routine IT system updates and content updates
· Delivering excellent customer service
· Inputting requests and following up on orders
This is an outstanding opportunity to join our Information Management & Information Technology function, build your knowledge of the organisation, and forge a fantastic career with us.
Please note, due to the nature of this assignment, you may be required to gain DV clearance once in post and
some posts will be open UK Nationals.Please note some attendance to the stated site may be required for this position.
We strongly recommend tailoring your CV in line with our CV guidance before applying, with specific sections to highlight Key Achievements, Relevant Experience, and Applied Skills & Knowledge.
Responsibilities for Information support administrator
In this role, you will be entrusted with:
• Collaborate, encourage knowledge sharing and communicate effectively with stakeholders and use KIM techniques to derive maximum value for the business from information and knowledge.
• Acquire, create, and manage knowledge, records and information throughout its lifecycle to support the business effectively.
• Support the management of information risks and ensure compliance of Information Governance.
• Action permission requests, basic information workspace administration
• Action customer requests to agreed service standards.
• Develop own understanding of processes and procedures that apply to Information Management
• Grow own knowledge and increase your stakeholder network.
• Support the requirements capture and build of information solutions to agreed standards.
• Perform initial front-line support to customers for processes and Service Catalogue.
• Be an active part of the Knowledge and Information Management community, attend meetings and participate in working groups.
What you will be assessed against
To be successful with your application you must demonstrate that you meet the following essential criteria:
- knowledge of MS Office Suite including Excel
- Strong IT Skills
It will also benefit your application if you are able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
- Working knowledge and understanding of relevant IT and IS principles and frameworks.
- An understanding of Knowledge & Information Management (KIM) tools and frameworks.
- Experience of working in an organisation and can evidence Learning from Experience (LFE)
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competencies and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
- Knowledge and Information Management
- Service Delivery and Operations
- Working together
- Managing a quality service
What’s in it for you?
Our careers offer stability, training, progression – and much more! Discover more about what our organisations offer in the DE&S Little Book of Big Benefits and the SDA Benefits. Find out more about our pension schemes.
We’re exploring future ways of working with a flexible and a family-friendly approach in mind. This means that successful candidates may be offered the option of hybrid working, combining working at home with working at their contractual location. Further information relevant to hybrid working will be discussed with you prior to you taking up your post, to find a balance that suits your needs and those of the organisation. Please note that employees are responsible for meeting the cost of their travel to and from work when attending site.
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and are dedicated to creating a great place to work that reflects the diversity of the society we serve. To help us do this, we particularly encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, disabled people and people from LGBT communities. By bringing together different ideas, experiences and perspectives, we can achieve our ambitions, together.
Please click the link below to apply for Information support administrator by creating an account and upload your details.