Job description for Information Assurance Analyst
As part of the Information Management & IT function, your impact will be felt across the organisation, helping to embed new technology and tools, automate processes and improve data management. We’ll support you to innovate, as you bring positive change and fresh ideas to the team. Don’t settle for the status quo. Improve on what’s gone before – and drive for what’s next.
Advances in information technology and digital communications are revolutionising the way we live and work, almost every aspect of our daily life depends on technology. Cyberspace has delivered many opportunities and benefits, and is fundamental to the business of DE&S. However, with such prolific use of technology comes significant risk and potential threats through the loss or compromise of our information, which would impact significantly on the success of our business, and therefore to military capability and Defence as a whole. This risk must become a conscious part of our daily working practices, so we can minimise it by ensuring we adopt appropriate behaviour to safeguard our data and our information and that of our suppliers.
These roles are responsible for providing expert advice, guidance and solutions relevant to the DE&S enterprise they’re supporting. They provide support for Information Assurance, Information Risk Management, Threat Analysis, Policy, and Information Technology Assessment. This includes regular interaction with both internal and external parties and involves advising customers on complex and contentious issues.
You will review the application of Information Assurance processes, procedures and regulations and carry out activities related to accreditation of systems.
Responsibilities for Information Assurance Analyst
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Undertake Information Assurance reviews, audits and security surveys both internally and externally with Industry Partners
- Support provision of cyber awareness on projects and Information Assurance community initiatives.
- Implement security policy, process and procedure within system and project teams to assure all policy and legal obligations are met and escalate noncompliance
- Actively learn from Information Assurance Best Practice, Technologies, Policies and Legislation.
- Be an active part of the Information Assurance community, attend meetings and participate in working groups.
- Support the mitigation plans and activities against project and team risks.
To be successful with your application, you’ll need to show that you meet the following essential criteria:
- Experience in Information Security Governance and Assurance in an organisation.
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competences and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
- Information Assurance – Supervised Practitioner
- Communicating and Influencing CSBC 3
- Changing and Improving CSBC 2
We’re pleased to offer a generous benefits package to support everything from your work-life balance to your bank balance, including:
- 25 days’ holiday a year, plus 1 day a year up to 30 days, 8 bank holidays and a day off for the King’s birthday
- A market-leading employer pension contribution of around 27 percent, an annual performance-based bonus, and recognition awards
- Flexible and hybrid working wherever possible, to support your work-life balance (though some attendance to the stated site is required)
- Access to specialist training and funded professional qualifications, with plenty of opportunities and support for progression
- A huge range of discounts including retail, sports, leisure, restaurants, gifts, days out, holidays, cinema, motoring, insurance, health care, gym memberships, and more
- Up to six days of paid leave a year for volunteering
- Enhanced maternity, adoption, and shared parental leave schemes, offering 100% pay for 26 weeks (after a qualifying period)
- We champion a diverse and inclusive environment, where everyone can be themselves and give their best. We believe that by harnessing the power of different ideas, experiences, and perspectives, we can achieve our ambitions, together. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
- Discover more about Little Book of Big Benefits and pension schemes.
Please click the link below to apply for Information Assurance Analyst by creating an account and uploading your details.