Job Description for Establishment Support Manager
Our Corporate Services Group (CSG) function is represented in every area of the organisation, with a wide range of specialisms that collectively enable our effective day-to-day operation, ensuring we can deliver our objectives and maintain compliance.
As part of our team, you’ll benefit from plenty of routes for development, access to specialist training and funding for professional qualifications, and a c.27% employer pension contribution. You’ll also have access to a wide range of employee networks, including the Women’s Inclusive Network, Race & Culture Network, Pride Network, Disability Network – and many more. We recognise that the best people for the job may have commitments outside of work, so we’re pleased to promote flexible working to support our colleagues in balancing work and home life. A dynamic and stimulating opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated Establishment Support Manager to join the DE&S team at Defence Munitions Kineton. As Establishment Support Manager, you will lead a team of administrative specialist and industrial grade staff (including Quartermaster Department personnel) dealing with the procurement and infrastructure requirements of the site, working closely with the on-site contractor. You will be expected to lead and manage the site support services that come under DE&S, acting as a civilian quarter master for equipment and equipment care. You will liaise with stakeholders on both hard and soft services (including the installation, operation and maintenance of telematic equipment and services), whilst covering projects from a value of £750 to £10million and report to the DM Kineton General Manager, Head of Establishment and Defence Munitions Head Office. You must have the ability to drive, review and improve working practices in response to the changing working environment. The appointment holder will deliver positive, dynamic, engaging leadership and management of departmental personnel so they are empowered to provide critical enabling, infrastructure and procurement support to the remainder of the Defence Munitions Kineton site, including:
• Station Headquarters.
• Weapons, Ordnance, Munitions and Explosives.
• Kineton Support Unit.
• Design, Development and Prototyping.
• Lodger Units.
You must understand Defence Munitions business and have a flexible attitude and approach, with a willingness to adapt your working hours to meet the needs of the business. This may mean working outside of a normal working day to meet deadlines or respond to unexpected events or demands.
DM Kineton is one of the largest ammunition depots in Western Europe. Originally built in 1942 it was subject to extensive redevelopment in the 1970s and 80s. The main tasks of the depot are to receive, store, maintain, process and issue ammunition in support of both operations and training. The site is over 3 miles long, over 2,500 acres in size and contains an extensive road and rail network. The site contains a large number of Explosive Store Houses, and provides facilities suitable to process ammunition and to dispose of minor quantities by demolition if required. All ammunition is received, stored, maintained, processed and issued in accordance with MOD regulations. The Site is subject to Major Accident Control Regulations (MACR).
We strongly recommend tailoring your CV in line with our CV guidance before applying, with specific sections to highlight Key Achievements, Relevant Experience, and Applied Skills & Knowledge.
Responsibilities for Establishment Support Manager
As Establishment Support Manager your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
• Leading and managing projects and programmes up to £10million, ensuring estate improvements and changes are effectively prioritised and implemented.
• Engaging with senior stakeholders across the business and with the wider MOD to support in the interface with the Defence Infrastructure organisation and to establish accommodation requirements.
• Overseeing the production of Infrastructure briefing packs, communications and business cases ensuring they are in line with key planned messages.
• Owning the day-to-day maintenance requests and issues, acting as an escalating point to less experienced team members.
• Approving and assisting in the implementation of Infrastructure requirements, ensuring they are fit for purpose.
• Overseeing the recording of infrastructure assets, including stock and disposals. Supporting the production of policies for site administrative and operating procedures.
• Managing a team of administrative specialist and industrial grade staff (including Quartermaster Department personnel) within the function, providing coaching and development opportunities where appropriate.
• Guiding and directing on the dissemination of infrastructure-related process and conflict resolution.
• Taking ownership of the Station equipment care policy and implementation.
• Acting as Head of the Station Support Services function and team (QM)
• Acting as the primary customer stakeholder for DIO and lodging units at Kineton Station.
Due to the scale of the site, and the large area within which buildings are located, the ability to drive would be beneficial as well as having access to your own mode of transport.
What you will be assessed against
To be successful with your application you must demonstrate that you meet the following essential criteria:
• Have extensive experience of working in a technical or professional role as a manager.
• Excellent and demonstrable IT skills (particularly Microsoft Office).
• Excellent ability to communicate with stakeholders across multiple levels in the written and verbal domains.
• People management skills including communication, negotiation, influencing and development.
• Experience or knowledge of the infrastructure environment.
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competencies and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
•Informing decision making with data.
•Complying with Property and Estates requirements.
•Communicating and influencing
•Making effective decisions
What’s in it for you?
Our careers offer stability, training, progression – and much more! Discover more about what we offer in our Little Book of Big Benefits. Find out more about our pension schemes.
We’re exploring future ways of working with a flexible and a family-friendly approach in mind. This means that successful candidates may be offered the option of hybrid working, combining working at home with working at their contractual location. Further information relevant to hybrid working will be discussed with you prior to you taking up your post, to find a balance that suits your needs and those of the organisation. Please note that employees are responsible for meeting the cost of their travel to and from work when attending site.
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and are dedicated to creating a great place to work that reflects the diversity of the society we serve. To help us do this, we particularly encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, disabled people and people from LGBT communities. By bringing together different ideas, experiences and perspectives, we can achieve our ambitions, together.
Please click the link below to apply for Establishment Support Manager by creating an account and upload your details.