Job description for DE&S/SDA Through Life Support Manager
We have great career opportunities for Through Life Support Managers. Are you seeking a challenging position, one where you can apply your passion and make a direct impact? Then this could be the role for you.
As a Through Life Support Manager, you will contribute to designing, developing, and procuring new cutting-edge defence technology and equipment/products. You will guide and influence how we sustain optimised equipment/product operational availability requirements and their associated support solutions. You will be pivotal in managing and mitigating technical risk, improving resilience, and delivering support solution innovations and capabilities.
There are two main vital sub-roles –
- Equipment Support Manager (ESM) – Managing the In-service Integrated Logistic Support/Integrated Product Support (ILS/IPS) asset lifecycle management activities for an equipment/product.
- ILS Manager (ILSM) – Designing and developing ILS/IPS programmes/projects/elements for procuring new equipment/products or upgrades to existing equipment/products.
We are keen to support your professional development within these roles and will provide you with access to outstanding specialist training within both DE&S and the SDA, which will underpin your continued professional development in these roles, across Land, Ships, Submarines, Air and Space.
These roles are based in our offices in Bristol and in-office attendance will be expected as required.
Please note: Due to security requirements, some of these posts are reserved for Sole UK Nationals only and some will require more in-depth security checks (Developed Vetting).
Responsibilities for DE&S/SDA Through Life Support Manager
In these roles, your responsibilities/accountabilities may include, but not be limited to:
- Production and maintenance of tasks/programmes/schedules.
- Production and maintenance of support plans, influencing the capability and support design with Industry and other defence partners.
- Providing effective monitoring of support schedules to show progress and maturity.
- Coordinating the setting, monitoring, and updating of availability, reliability, maintainability, and sustainability targets for ensuring effective through-life maintenance solutions are provided.
- Validating Supportability Cases and gaining approval through the support community and the customer.
- Through life logistic support technical data information requirements and configuration management of technical documentation.
- Planning and monitoring obsolescence management controls and through life resolution decisions.
- Leading diverse teams, providing coaching, mentoring, and training, including advice and guidance on TLS matters, emerging technology, and innovations, to everyone within their business areas.
To be successful with your application, you’ll need to show that you meet the following essential criteria:
- Experience of working in at least one of the following fields: ILS/IPS, support engineering, maintenance planning or operational logistic support management.
- Ability to interpret multiple sources of data and trends to make effective decisions and solve problems.
- Experience in leading the development of a major milestone and/or support project, covering support elements.
- Background or knowledge in tendering for Work or Post Design Service Tasks and/or responding to them.
- Adept in evaluating proposals for improving service/support performance and be able to resolve challenges or disputes, within a support network or diverse range of stakeholders.
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competences and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
- Managing support, supplier, and customer networks – Practitioner
- Enhancing Service Support Systems – Practitioner
- Making effective decisions
- Communicating and influencing
We’re pleased to offer a generous benefits package to support everything from your work-life balance to your bank balance, including:
- Please note that salary offers above the £39,500 – £42,500 range will only be made based on exceptional performance.
- 25 days’ holiday a year, plus 1 day a year up to 30 days, 8 bank holidays and a day off for the King’s birthday
- A market-leading employer pension contribution of around 27 percent, an annual performance-based bonus, and recognition awards
- Flexible and hybrid working wherever possible, to support your work-life balance (though some attendance to the stated site is required)
- Access to specialist training and funded professional qualifications, with plenty of opportunities and support for progression
- A huge range of discounts including retail, sports, leisure, restaurants, gifts, days out, holidays, cinema, motoring, insurance, health care, gym memberships, and more
- Up to six days of paid leave a year for volunteering
- Enhanced maternity, adoption, and shared parental leave schemes, offering 100% pay for 26 weeks (after a qualifying period)
- We champion a diverse and inclusive environment, where everyone can be themselves and give their best. We believe that by harnessing the power of different ideas, experiences, and perspectives, we can achieve our ambitions, together. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
- Discover more in the DE&S Little Book of Big Benefits, the SDA benefits guide, and ourpension schemes
Please click the link below to apply for DE&S/SDA Through Life Support Manager by creating an account and uploading your details.