Job description for DE&S/SDA Risk Manager
We have an exciting and challenging opportunity to join Defence Equipment & Support (DE&S) and the Submarine Delivery Agency (SDA), as a Project Risk Manager.
As a Project Risk Manager, you will utilise and develop your excellent leadership and communication skills and be proactive in explaining risk management processes. Working closely with project managers and the rest of project team, you will support and guide people with the pro-active identification and on-going management of risks, both threats and opportunities, to enable the successful delivery outcomes required.
This is a dynamic and forward-thinking role as you engage with stakeholders at different levels within our organisation. You will broaden and share your experience within the project risk environment with the opportunity for personal development.
We operate a hybrid working environment and the expectation is that you will attend site around/approximately two to three a week according to business need/team. Initially, you may/will be expected to attend more frequently to familiarize yourselves with the site, the team and the position you will be working on in more detail.
Responsibilities for DE&S/SDA Risk Manager
As a Project Risk Manager, responsibilities will include:
- Facilitating risk workshops on medium complexity and medium projects to identify and manage specific project / programme related threats opportunities and issues
- Overseeing the risk tool project and / or programme activities to ensure quality and accuracy of data therein
- Providing the project team with pro-active risk information to allow project team to understand current risk position, risk proximity and pro-active management actions
- Communicating key project threat and opportunity management data to key members of the project, programme and leadership team, and to be able to recommend key items for escalation within the business
- Communicating and influencing leadership within DE&S and SDA projects and portfolios and supply chain within the risk technical field
Please note, due to security requirements, some posts may be reserved for Sole UK Nationals.
To be successful with your application, you’ll need to show that you meet the following essential criteria:
- Application of risk (threats and opportunity) management in a project, programme or portfolio environment
- Utilisation of a variety of Risk Management techniques to improve and drive the successful delivery of projects
- Variety of stakeholder management experience both internal or external at various levels
It would also be great if you can demonstrate any of the following desirable criteria:
- Experience of using a Risk Management Tool or application
- Interpretation of supplier risk and modelling data
- Lead the project / programme risk team, including coaching or mentoring of junior members
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competences and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
- Stakeholder Management
- Project Risk
- Communicating and Influencing
We’re pleased to offer a generous benefits package to support everything from your work-life balance to your bank balance, including:
- 25 days’ holiday a year, plus 1 day a year up to 30 days, 8 bank holidays and a day off for the King’s birthday
- A market-leading employer pension contribution of around 27 percent, an annual performance-based bonus, and recognition awards
- Flexible and hybrid working wherever possible, to support your work-life balance (though some attendance to the stated site is required)
- Access to specialist training and funded professional qualifications, with plenty of opportunities and support for progression
- A huge range of discounts including retail, sports, leisure, restaurants, gifts, days out, holidays, cinema, motoring, insurance, health care, gym memberships, and more
- Up to six days of paid leave a year for volunteering
- Enhanced maternity, adoption, and shared parental leave schemes, offering 100% pay for 26 weeks (after a qualifying period)
- We champion a diverse and inclusive environment, where everyone can be themselves and give their best. We believe that by harnessing the power of different ideas, experiences, and perspectives, we can achieve our ambitions, together. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
- Discover more about SDA Benefitsand pension schemes.
Please click the link below to apply for DE&S/SDA Risk Manager by creating an account and uploading your details.