Job description for DE&S IT Operations Analyst
As part of the Information Management & IT function, your impact will be felt across the organisation, helping to embed new technology and tools, automate processes and improve data management. We’ll support you to innovate, as you bring positive change and fresh ideas to the team. Don’t settle for the status quo. Improve on what’s gone before – and drive for what’s next.
We are recruiting for multiple IT Operations Analysts to join our DE&S strategic enablers and SDA functions.
There are a range of opportunities within different teams of different sizes. These roles include a range of customer facing activities including IT Asset Management and the return, issue and maintenance of IT equipment as well as managing open and closing of accounts and permissions. You will be responsible for providing onsite and regional 2nd line IT support across the organisation supporting hardware such as laptops, smart devices and peripherals. There will be a requirement to help colleagues with queries and support of Microsoft Applications & Windows. You will also need to have the ability to perform incident management and direct users to other areas of the business to fix problems as required as well as strong communication and the need to juggle multiple incidents and long queues.
You will also manage several in house bespoke IT systems to support the wider team. Knowledge of IT ticket systems and PowerApps/PowerBI will be needed with the ability to support, improve and maintain current tools and applications. From time-to-time critical project work will be managed and undertaken, for example data migration from one system to another or the role out and training of a new system. You will need to be able to communicate with users in the local IT team and with a large customer base across the business when changes and outages happen.
Line management of junior colleagues and management of small projects within this business area may be required from time to time as well as the ability to learn and follow IT security processes, undertake financial management and deal with customer complaints and queries.
It would be preferable if you were to have or be working towards ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library), but this isn’t essential.
Candidates will be expected to be regularly onsite as per the team rota to serve the business during core hours. There will be the need to occasionally travel to regional sites across the UK to provide IT support face to face and will need to sometimes stay overnight. You may also be required to support other IT areas when working from home.
Whilst on site, you’ll experience our impressive range of on-site facilities including a restaurant and coffee bistros and free parking. Our sports facilities include a fully equipped gym and sports hall with bookable classes, as well as a squash court, tennis courts and a football pitch.
Responsibilities for DE&S/SDA IT Operations Analyst
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Perform service delivery support activity, including desk side and remote workstation support, to assist users.
- Troubleshoot end user IT issues to resolve incidents.
- Actively resolve incidents or support desk items and close assigned tickets by following support standards and procedures, so that performance can be monitored and trends identified.
- Ensure full adherence to escalation procedures in Incident, Problem & Change Management.
- Actively manage end user expectations through effective communications to provide high levels of service.
To be successful with your application, you’ll need to show that you meet the following essential criteria:
- Experience of IT Operations or IT helpdesk/tech support in an organisation
- Experience in a customer service/stakeholder management role
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competences and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
- Service Delivery and Operations – Supervised Practitioner
- Information Assurance – Awareness
- Managing a Quality Service – CSBC2
- Communicating and Influencing – CSBC2
We’re pleased to offer a generous benefits package to support everything from your work-life balance to your bank balance, including:
- 25 days’ holiday a year, plus 1 day a year up to 30 days, 8 bank holidays and a day off for the King’s birthday
- A market-leading employer pension contribution of around 27 percent, an annual performance-based bonus, and recognition awards
- Flexible and hybrid working wherever possible, to support your work-life balance (though some attendance to the stated site is required)
- Access to specialist training and funded professional qualifications, with plenty of opportunities and support for progression
- A huge range of discounts including retail, sports, leisure, restaurants, gifts, days out, holidays, cinema, motoring, insurance, health care, gym memberships, and more
- Up to six days of paid leave a year for volunteering
- Enhanced maternity, adoption, and shared parental leave schemes, offering 100% pay for 26 weeks (after a qualifying period)
- We champion a diverse and inclusive environment, where everyone can be themselves and give their best. We believe that by harnessing the power of different ideas, experiences, and perspectives, we can achieve our ambitions, together. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
- Discover more in the DE&S Little Book of Big Benefits, the SDA benefits guide, and our pension schemes guidance.
Please click the link below to apply for DE&S/SDA IT Operations Analyst by creating an account and uploading your details.