Job description for DE&S/SDA Information Assurance Manager (Technical)
As part of the Information Management & IT function, your impact will be felt across the organisation, helping to embed new technology and tools, automate processes and improve data management. We’ll support you to innovate, as you bring positive change and fresh ideas to the team. Don’t settle for the status quo. Improve on what’s gone before – and drive for what’s next.
We are currently recruiting for multiple Technical Information Assurance Managers to join our team. The Technical Information Assurance (IA) role is about the management of cyber security and ensuring that cyber risks to systems is managed in accordance with applicable standards. As a Technical Information Assurance Manager, you will support the delivery of the Information Assurance strategy, policy, and governance by providing advice to senior colleagues on strategic issues and liaising with stakeholders on complex matters. You may lead a team that delivers large projects and support the business by providing Subject Matter Expertise. Some of these roles will be working within large Teams of circa 100+.
Some of the Information Assurance roles for this campaign may fall within the following different areas:
- Within the Lightning Delivery Team. Responsible for gaining and maintaining US and UK government approvals for F-35 information systems. Managing DE&S staff and contractors to ensure that the systems are operated and maintained in line with the US Joint Special Access Programme Implementation Guide (JSIG) risk management framework (RMF) based on NIST 800 requirements for security management, audit and incident response.
- As the Security Assurance Co-ordinator in the Flight Simulation and Synthetic Training Team you will liaise with a wide range of stakeholders to maintain Security Accreditation for an existing range of high-fidelity training systems and implement effective Assurance and Accreditation approaches for our new procurements.
- In-Service Teams (SDA). Enabling and supporting platform systems and whole boat security cases, and leading system risk identification, mitigation and security accreditation processes and activities across a broad range of stakeholders and regulators on complex manufacturing and engineering programmes.
- Information, Security and Resilience Office (SDA). Act as the lead Information Assurance (IA) point of contact on the Nuclear Enterprise Information Architecture (NEIA) programme. This role provides leadership to the NEIA security framework for the provision, oversight and management of the implementation stages of technical and security associated products that are required to support the SDA enterprise and deliver an assured service to the Senior Responsible Person (SRO).
Please note, due to the nature of work some posts are Reserved (open to UK Nationals only), some are Non-Reserved. Some posts will require the successful candidate to attain DV (Developed Vetting) clearance once in post. Other roles available require SC (Security Clearance).
Please note that some of these roles will require regular on-site attendance (typically 3+ days per week).
Whilst on site, you’ll experience our impressive range of on-site facilities including a restaurant and coffee bistros and free parking. Our sports facilities include a fully equipped gym and sports hall with bookable classes, as well as a squash court, tennis courts and a football pitch.
Responsibilities for DE&S/SDA Information Assurance Manager (Technical)
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Lead a team of Information Assurance analysts to ensure high quality work is delivered that meets the needs of the business and required standards.
- Lead the testing of security controls on the implementation of any system, platform or infrastructure to ensure alignment with security architecture and policy.
- Undertake information assurance reviews and lead audits and provide management information on reviews, both internally and externally with Industry Partners, presenting the findings across stakeholder groups.
- Lead the development and delivery of the accreditation activity within projects, acting as a Security & Information Risk Advisor.
To be successful with your application, you’ll need to show that you meet the following essential criteria:
- CompTIA Security+, or CISMP, or CISSP, or relevant experience.
- Relevant experience in Information Assurance in an organisation
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competences and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
- Information Assurance – Practitioner
- Change and Transformation – Awareness
- Communicating and Influencing – CSBC3
- Changing and Improving – CSBC3
We’re pleased to offer a generous benefits package to support everything from your work-life balance to your bank balance, including:
- 25 days’ holiday a year, plus 1 day a year up to 30 days, 8 bank holidays and a day off for the King’s birthday
- A market-leading employer pension contribution of around 27 percent, an annual performance-based bonus, and recognition awards
- Flexible and hybrid working wherever possible, to support your work-life balance (though some attendance to the stated site is required)
- Access to specialist training and funded professional qualifications, with plenty of opportunities and support for progression
- A huge range of discounts including retail, sports, leisure, restaurants, gifts, days out, holidays, cinema, motoring, insurance, health care, gym memberships, and more
- Up to six days of paid leave a year for volunteering
- Enhanced maternity, adoption, and shared parental leave schemes, offering 100% pay for 26 weeks (after a qualifying period)
- We champion a diverse and inclusive environment, where everyone can be themselves and give their best. We believe that by harnessing the power of different ideas, experiences, and perspectives, we can achieve our ambitions, together. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
- Discover more in the DE&S Little Book of Big Benefits, the SDA benefits guide, and ourpension schemes
Please click the link below to apply for DE&S/SDA Information Assurance Manager (Technical) by creating an account and uploading your details.