Job description for DE&S/SDA Associate Information Manager
As part of the Information Management & IT function, your impact will be felt across the organisation, helping to embed new technology and tools, automate processes and improve data management. We’ll support you to innovate, as you bring positive change and fresh ideas to the team. Don’t settle for the status quo. Improve on what’s gone before – and drive for what’s next.
You will be joining a large knowledge and information management team of around 25 delivering activities in support of information, records and knowledge management working with a range of stakeholders across the business. The team is responsible for the development, delivery and future support of Information Management Solutions including Office 365 SharePoint sites and Microsoft Teams.
The projects being delivered are high profile and fast paced and include:
- Deliver the Knowledge and Information Management strategy, policy and governance by providing advice and guidance and liaising with stakeholders on complex matters in area of expertise.
- Lead a team delivering projects and/or be a Subject Matter Expert in a specific area of practice.
We offer outstanding training and development opportunities, defined progression routes, and a host of other benefits including our ‘Smarter Working’ policy, which means that you’ll be able to enjoy a high degree of flexible working whilst regular onsite attendance at Bristol Abbey Wood will be required.
Whilst on site, you’ll experience our impressive range of on-site facilities including a restaurant and coffee bistros and free parking. Our sports facilities include a fully equipped gym and sports hall with bookable classes, as well as a squash court, tennis courts and a football pitch.
Responsibilities for DE&S/SDA Associate Information Manager
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Ensure information is being captured, stored, distributed, used, processed, retained and eventually disposed of, to meet the requirements of the law, MOD policy and guidance and the requirements of the business.
- Manage a team of Information Support Officer’s to deliver Knowledge and Information Management projects to meet the needs of the business, understanding business requirements and ensuring solutions meet customer and legislative requirements
- Carry out knowledge, information & records management requirements capture; support development and build of information solutions to agreed standards; work with digital partners to provide advice and Subject Matter Expertise
- Develop and deliver knowledge and information management related training and briefings.
- Review business processes, technical capability and customer experience, identify improvements, assess feasibility and recommend new approaches where appropriate and share in the community.
- Brief stakeholders and non-technical colleagues on Knowledge & Information Management.
To be successful with your application, you’ll need to show that you meet the following essential criteria:
- Experience and/or Relevant qualification in Knowledge and Information Management in an organisation.
- Experience Delivering (Knowledge and Information Management (KIM) related briefings/training
It would also be great if you can demonstrate any of the following desirable criteria:
- People Management Experience
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competences and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
- Knowledge and Information Management – Practitioner
- Service Delivery and Operations – Supervised Practitioner
- Communicating and Influencing – CSBC3
- Making Effective Decisions – CSBC3
We’re pleased to offer a generous benefits package to support everything from your work-life balance to your bank balance, including:
- 25 days’ holiday a year, plus 1 day a year up to 30 days, 8 bank holidays and a day off for the King’s birthday
- A market-leading employer pension contribution of around 27 percent, an annual performance-based bonus, and recognition awards
- Flexible and hybrid working wherever possible, to support your work-life balance (though some attendance to the stated site is required)
- Access to specialist training and funded professional qualifications, with plenty of opportunities and support for progression
- A huge range of discounts including retail, sports, leisure, restaurants, gifts, days out, holidays, cinema, motoring, insurance, health care, gym memberships, and more
- Up to six days of paid leave a year for volunteering
- Enhanced maternity, adoption, and shared parental leave schemes, offering 100% pay for 26 weeks (after a qualifying period)
- We champion a diverse and inclusive environment, where everyone can be themselves and give their best. We believe that by harnessing the power of different ideas, experiences, and perspectives, we can achieve our ambitions, together. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
- Discover more in the DE&S Little Book of Big Benefits, the SDA benefits guide, and our pension schemes guidance.
Please click the link below to apply for DE&S/SDA Associate Information Manager by creating an account and uploading your details.