Job description for Organisational Training Manager
As an Organisational Training Manager, you will be the driving force behind multiple activities, to ensure we are operating efficiently throughout our Defence Munitions sites across the UK. We are looking for someone with excellent management skills and experience, the ability to manage a diverse workload and proven experience of delivering organisational requirements effectively.
Our Corporate Services Group (CSG) function is represented in every area of the organisation, with a wide range of specialisms that collectively enable our effective day-to-day operation, ensuring we can deliver our objectives and maintain compliance.
As part of our team, you’ll benefit from plenty of routes for development, access to specialist training and funding for professional qualifications, and a c.27% employer pension contribution. You’ll also have access to a wide range of employee networks, including the Women’s Inclusive Network, Race & Culture Network, Pride Network, Disability Network – and many more. We recognise that the best people for the job may have commitments outside of work, so we’re pleased to promote flexible working to support our colleagues in balancing work and home life.
Please note attendance to DM sites will be required at times for organisational requirements.
You may be based at any of the seven DE&S DM sites located within the UK: DM Crombie (KY12 8LA), DM Glen Douglas (G83 7AZ), DM Beith (KA15 1JT), DM Longtown (CA6 5LX), DM Kineton (CV47 2UL), DM Gosport (PO13 0AH), DM Plymouth (PL5 2DE) or at DE&S Head Quarters MoD Abbey wood, Bristol (BS34 8JH).
Responsibilities for Organisational Training Manager
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Liaise with multiple groups of stakeholders across all levels, such as, regulators, providers, customers, and planners to ensure that organisational requirements are identified and facilitated.
- Manage a team of direct reports.
- Become a Subject Matter Expert to providing advice and guidance to Team Leaders, and to Senior Leadership Groups as and when required.
- Draft & maintain Team Business Plans, in line with hierarchical plans & Objectives, Goals, Strategies and Measures (OGSM).
- Prepare Management Information (MI), including analysis, for regular management meetings.
- Provide Business Intelligence.
- Act as a focal point for internal communications, Freedom of Information, and media enquiries.
- Coordinate and support implementation of continuous improvement across delivery team or equivalent.
- Deliver education when required for organisational purposes.
To be successful with your application, you’ll need to show that you meet the following essential criteria:
- Experience of team management.
- Proven experience in delivering organisation/business requirements and customer service.
- Excellent written & verbal communication.
- Great proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
It would also be great if you can demonstrate any of the following desirable criteria:
- Experience in Ordnance, Munitions and Explosives or within the dangerous goods specialism.
- Experience in organisational learning and development.
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competences and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
- Problem Solving – Practitioner
- Customer Service – Practitioner
- Seeing the big picture
- Making effective decisions
We’re pleased to offer a generous benefits package to support everything from your work-life balance to your bank balance, including:
- 25 days’ holiday a year, plus 1 day a year up to 30 days, 8 bank holidays and a day off for the King’s birthday
- A market-leading employer pension contribution of around 27 percent, an annual performance-based bonus, and recognition awards
- Flexible and hybrid working wherever possible, to support your work-life balance (though some attendance to the stated site is required)
- Access to specialist training and funded professional qualifications, with plenty of opportunities and support for progression
- A huge range of discounts including retail, sports, leisure, restaurants, gifts, days out, holidays, cinema, motoring, insurance, health care, gym memberships, and more
- Up to six days of paid leave a year for volunteering
- Enhanced maternity, adoption, and shared parental leave schemes, offering 100% pay for 26 weeks (after a qualifying period)
- We champion a diverse and inclusive environment, where everyone can be themselves and give their best. We believe that by harnessing the power of different ideas, experiences, and perspectives, we can achieve our ambitions, together. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
- Discover more about Little Book of Big Benefitsand pension schemes.
Please click the link below to apply for Organisational Training Manager by creating an account and uploading your details.