Job description for HR Senior Business Partner
The HR function is integral to operational delivery – by attracting, developing and retaining highly skilled people, we can ensure effective delivery of equipment and support to our colleagues on the front line. Developing a talented and inclusive workforce where everyone feels welcome, you’ll play a key role in driving exceptional performance and contributing to our success as an organisation.
You’ll benefit from a c.27% employer pension contribution, as well as plenty of opportunities for development, access to funded professional qualifications and specialist training including CIPD courses. You’ll also have access to a wide range of employee networks, including the Women’s Inclusive Network, Race & Culture Network, Pride Network, Disability Network – and many more. We recognise that the best people for the job may have commitments outside of work, so we’re pleased to promote flexible working to support our colleagues in balancing work and home life.
DE&S is looking for Senior HR Business Partners to join our dynamic and diverse team. You will be working as part of a wider business facing team with responsibility for leading team members to drive positive changes in people management across the organisation.
You will deliver comprehensive HR solutions and services within your area and lead a team of HR professionals responsible for supporting and embedding strategic people agenda as well as driving behavioural change through our usual HR calendar of activity, for example performance management. Building relationships is paramount and you will need to build various strong, engaging and supportive relationships with main stakeholders across your business area, becoming a key and trusted advisor. The work is exciting and complex, a fantastic challenge for an HR professional looking to build on their experience.
Please note some attendance to the stated site may be required for this position.
We strongly recommend tailoring your CV in line with our CV guidance before applying, with specific sections to highlight Key Achievements, Relevant Experience, and Applied Skills & Knowledge.
Responsibilities for DE&S HR Senior Business Partner
• Support the Head of HR in setting and working to the strategic people agenda for your business (Domain and/or Function) area.
• Deliver a seamless, quality HR service which will include the management of key stakeholder relationships with business leaders, Trade Unions, external service providers and HR Centres of Expertise.
• Engage with senior stakeholders (SLG Team Leader/Corporate Function Manager and above) on a regular basis to develop relevant HR strategies, policies and procedures which meet business requirements in addition to providing strategic HR advice.
• Act as the trusted advisor to your business senior management teams whilst providing advice, coaching and facilitation.
• Interpret management information and provide business insight to drive innovation, change and improvement into the business and people practice and policy.
• Manage complex business or function projects e.g. re-organisations (multi-functional), new ways of working that are novel or contentious.
• Manage a team of HR colleagues within the business, providing development and coaching opportunities where necessary.
• Collaborative working across the HRBP teams and wider HR function, including working with COE’s.
What you will be assessed against
To be successful with your application you must demonstrate that you meet the following essential criteria:
• Experience of operating at a senior HR level in a large complex organisation together with relevant work experience as an HR Business Partner.
• Proven extensive Stakeholder experience including influencing, liaising and presenting information to senior stakeholders.
• Evidence of proven extensive experience in building and maintaining relationships.
• Evidence of organisational development interventions resulting in business change and tangible outputs.
• Evidence of coaching and developing others.
It will also benefit your application if you are able to demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
• Chartered CIPD Member. Advanced (level 7) HR qualifications or equivalent experience.
• Experience of developing strategy, improving and adapting tools and techniques.
• Experience of leading significant organisational change including working with TU’s, performance management, talent, workforce planning and development.
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competencies and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
• Employee Relations
• Business Facing HR
• Communicating and influencing
• Changing and improving
What’s in it for you?
Please note, our salary bands are under review and may increase. If the outcome of the review results in an increase in the minimum salary and your salary offer falls below the new minimum, your salary will be increased to the new amount from your contracted start date. If the new minimum is less than the salary you are offered, the original salary offer will be retained.
Our careers offer stability, training, progression – and much more! Discover more about what we offer in our Little Book of Big Benefits. Find out more about our pension schemes.
We’re exploring future ways of working with a flexible and a family-friendly approach in mind. This means that successful candidates may be offered the option of hybrid working, combining working at home with working at their contractual location. Further information relevant to hybrid working will be discussed with you prior to you taking up your post, to find a balance that suits your needs and those of the organisation. Please note that employees are responsible for meeting the cost of their travel to and from work when attending site.
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and are dedicated to creating a great place to work that reflects the diversity of the society we serve. To help us do this, we particularly encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, disabled people and people from LGBT communities. By bringing together different ideas, experiences and perspectives, we can achieve our ambitions, together.
Please click the link below to apply for the role of DE&S HR Senior Business Partner by creating an account and upload your details.