Job description for Business Support Administrator
Our Corporate Services Group (CSG) function is represented in every area of the organisation, with a wide range of specialisms that collectively enable our effective day-to-day operation, ensuring we can deliver our objectives and maintain compliance.
As part of our team, you’ll benefit from plenty of routes for development, access to specialist training and funding for professional qualifications, and a c.27% employer pension contribution. You’ll also have access to a wide range of employee networks, including the Women’s Inclusive Network, Race & Culture Network, Pride Network, Disability Network – and many more. We recognise that the best people for the job may have commitments outside of work, so we’re pleased to promote flexible working to support our colleagues in balancing work and home life.
As Business Support Administrator at Defence Munitions (DM) Beith, you will provide and deliver critical support, including business management support, Quality support and a variety of other multiple subjects to assist the Business Support Team.
Administrative support may include:
• Supporting Head of Establishment and the Senior Team, including maintaining electronic diaries and deconflicting appointments and meetings
• Delivering business communications
• Quality management
• Support the co-ordination of site continual improvement recording
• Documentation control and archiving
• General ad-hoc business support activity
• Provision of management information
• Assisting in event/visit planning
• Travel booking
• Training co-ordination
• Working and liaising with stakeholders at all levels.
This is a customer facing role, building strong working relationships both internal and external to the site with strong organisational and prioritisation skills required.
Please note some attendance to the stated site may be required for this position.
We strongly recommend tailoring your CV in line with our CV guidance before applying, with specific sections to highlight Key Achievements, Relevant Experience, and Applied Skills & Knowledge.
Responsibilities for DE&S Business Support Admin
In this role, you will be entrusted with:
• Delivering administrative support as instructed and contained within the CSG Catalogue of Services and assignment specifications.
• Acting as a point of contact for internal and external requests, providing advice and guidance, escalating to more senior colleagues where appropriate.
• Owning logistical elements of activities and events such as arranging travel, booking venues or coordinating visits
• Supporting internal communications such as updating internal websites, distributing key information and acting as a focal point for other internal communications
• Managing document production, processing and maintenance as instructed e.g. any relevant papers for meetings, administration and control of classified documents etc.
What you will be assessed against
To be successful with your application you must demonstrate that you meet the following essential criteria:
• Experience of using Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Microsoft Excel.
• Experience of building relationships and working with internal and external stakeholders.
• Ability to manage own work effectively and deliver to tight timescales.
• Ability to work independently, demonstrating keen attention to detail to ensure accurate recording of information.
• Ability to flex within workload to meet the demands/needs of the organisation.
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competencies and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
• Customer Focus
• Problem Solving
• Managing a quality service
• Making effective decisions
What’s in it for you?
Please note, our salary bands are under review and may increase. If the outcome of the review results in an increase in the minimum salary and your salary offer falls below the new minimum, your salary will be increased to the new amount from your contracted start date. If the new minimum is less than the salary you are offered, the original salary offer will be retained.
Our careers offer stability, training, progression – and much more! Discover more about what we offer in our Little Book of Big Benefits. Find out more about our pension schemes.
We’re exploring future ways of working with a flexible and a family-friendly approach in mind. This means that successful candidates may be offered the option of hybrid working, combining working at home with working at their contractual location. Further information relevant to hybrid working will be discussed with you prior to you taking up your post, to find a balance that suits your needs and those of the organisation. Please note that employees are responsible for meeting the cost of their travel to and from work when attending site.
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and are dedicated to creating a great place to work that reflects the diversity of the society we serve. To help us do this, we particularly encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, disabled people and people from LGBT communities. By bringing together different ideas, experiences and perspectives, we can achieve our ambitions, together.
Please click the link below to apply for the role of DE&S Business Support Admin by creating an account and upload your details.