Job description for Codification Support Manager
We have a great opportunity for a Codification Support Manager to join the small United Kingdom National Codification Bureau (UKNCB) team, located in central Glasgow.
We will provide you with tailored Codification training, enabling you to build your Codification knowledge and provide advice and guidance on a wide range of codification matters to our customers, both MOD and industry. You will also assist with providing Subject Matter Expertise to the business and help ensure that the proper processes and procedures are maintained.
The UKNCB are a team of MOD civilian Codification specialists and are the sole authority within the UK for NATO Codification. They use, manage, and maintain the UK’s only approved NATO Codification system (NCS), the biggest and most comprehensive codification and cataloguing system in the world.
Over 60 countries are members of the NCS and its 17 million NATO stock numbers. It provides a common ‘language of logistics,’ boosting the effectiveness of our armed forces, reducing costs, and facilitating both national and coalition operations.
For more information about UKNCB or NATO Codification visit our website: www.ncb.mod.uk
These roles are based in our offices in central Glasgow and in-office attendance will be expected as required.
Due to the security requirements of the role, applications are open to sole UK Nationals only.
Responsibilities for Codification Support Manager
In these roles, your responsibilities/accountabilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Responding to technical codification queries from MOD and industry customers within set timescales.
- Providing regular feedback to management on these queries and advising if any policy updates are required.
- Maintaining a knowledge database of queries answered to ensure the specialist knowledge can be passed on.
- Building and maintaining relationships with various internal and external stakeholders to ensure that codification requirements are understood and to maximise the benefits to the MOD logistics system.
- Ensuring all UKNCB customer support documentation is regularly reviewed and updated to the correct information is available to our customers.
- Assisting the development and delivery of regular training to customers on the Codification Support Information System (CSIS), promoting the work undertaken by UKNCB and the benefits of the wider NATO codification system.
UKNCB are in Kentigern House, Glasgow, Scotland. DE&S HQ is located at Abbey Wood, Bristol, therefore occasional travel to Abbey Wood may be required for Business purposes. Travel and sustenance costs will be covered.
To be successful with your application, you’ll need to show that you meet the following essential criteria:
- Technical work experience e.g., maintenance or engineering, or an advanced apprenticeship, or qualifications at level 3 / 4 in relevant subjects.
- Ability to analyse technical data and interpret technical information, such as drawings, photographs, and schematics.
- Demonstrable communication skills, including verbal and written.
- Stakeholder engagement at all levels, internal and external.
It would also be great if you can demonstrate any of the following desirable criteria:
- Experience in delivering training programmes.
- Industry logistics experience.
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competences and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
- Managing support, supplier, and customer networks – supervised practitioner
- Making evidence-based decisions – Supervised practitioner
- Communicating and influencing
- Managing a quality service
We’re pleased to offer a generous benefits package to support everything from your work-life balance to your bank balance, including:
- 25 days’ holiday a year, plus 1 day a year up to 30 days, 8 bank holidays and a day off for the King’s birthday
- A market-leading employer pension contribution of around 27 percent, an annual performance-based bonus, and recognition awards
- Flexible and hybrid working wherever possible, to support your work-life balance (though some attendance to the stated site is required)
- Access to specialist training and funded professional qualifications, with plenty of opportunities and support for progression
- A huge range of discounts including retail, sports, leisure, restaurants, gifts, days out, holidays, cinema, motoring, insurance, health care, gym memberships, and more
- Up to six days of paid leave a year for volunteering
- Enhanced maternity, adoption, and shared parental leave schemes, offering 100% pay for 26 weeks (after a qualifying period)
- We champion a diverse and inclusive environment, where everyone can be themselves and give their best. We believe that by harnessing the power of different ideas, experiences, and perspectives, we can achieve our ambitions, together. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please let us know
- Discover more about Little Book of Big Benefits and pension schemes.
Please click the link below to apply for Codification Support Manager by creating an account and uploading your details.