Job description for DE&S/SDA Business Support Administrator
Defence Equipment and Support (DE&S) and the Submarine Delivery Agency (SDA) have excellent and progressive opportunities for Business Support Administrators. As a Business Support Administrator, you will be significant to the delivery of administrative support across specialisms as instructed and contained within the Corporate Services Group (CSG) Catalogue of Services and assignment specifications. Providing pivotal administrative support to the Corporate Services Function, you will regularly interact with stakeholders at all levels across the business, commonly providing support and information as part of a team for those within your defined business area.
Please note, we have 17 positions available based at MOD Abbey Wood and 3 based at MOD Bicester.
Due to the secure nature of positions, some posts will be reserved for Sole UK Nationals only and will require you to obtain DV clearance once in post.
Please also note some of these roles will require you to be on site full-time.
Responsibilities for DE&S/SDA Business Support Administrator
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Manage document production, processing and maintenance as instructed e.g. any relevant papers for meetings, administration of hard copy classified documents, processing security clearance documents, etc.
- Deliver administrative support across specialisms as instructed and contained within the CSG Catalogue of Services and assignment specifications.
- Act as a key point of contact for internal and external specialism requests, providing advice and guidance, escalating to more senior colleagues where appropriate.
- Own logistical elements of activities and events such as arranging travel, organising and managing diaries, booking venues and coordinating visits.
- Support internal communications such as updating internal websites, distributing key information and acting as a focal point for other internal communications.
To be successful with your application, you’ll need to show that you meet the following essential criteria:
- Experience of using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience of building relationships and working with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstration of the ability to manage work and deliver to time.
- Ability to work independently and accurately record information.
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs or equivalent Level 2 qualification or higher.
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competences and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
- Problem Solving (Awareness)
- Customer Focus (Awareness)
- Working Together
- Delivering At Pace
We’re pleased to offer a generous benefits package to support everything from your work-life balance to your bank balance, including:
- 25 days’ holiday a year, plus 1 day a year up to 30 days, 8 bank holidays and a day off for the King’s birthday
- A market-leading employer pension contribution of around 27 percent, an annual performance-based bonus, and recognition awards
- Flexible and hybrid working wherever possible, to support your work-life balance (though some attendance to the stated site is required)
- Access to specialist training and funded professional qualifications, with plenty of opportunities and support for progression
- A huge range of discounts including retail, sports, leisure, restaurants, gifts, days out, holidays, cinema, motoring, insurance, health care, gym memberships, and more
- Up to six days of paid leave a year for volunteering
- Enhanced maternity, adoption, and shared parental leave schemes, offering 100% pay for 26 weeks (after a qualifying period)
- We champion a diverse and inclusive environment, where everyone can be themselves and give their best. We believe that by harnessing the power of different ideas, experiences, and perspectives, we can achieve our ambitions, together. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
- Discover more in the DE&S Little Book of Big Benefits, the SDA benefits guide, and our pension schemes
Please click the link below to apply for DE&S/SDA Business Support Administrator by creating an account and uploading your details.