Within the Submarine Delivery Agency, we have an excellent opportunity available in the Dreadnought Supply and Support Team based at HMNB Clyde as a Business Manager. It will give the successful individual the chance to be involved in the delivery of the Dreadnought Platform, the next generation of UK Nuclear Deterrent, and it’s integration into HMNB Clyde.
You will work at HMNB Clyde, an operating naval base, and have the chance to see the products and programmes that you’ll be directly involved inbeing bought to fruition, as well as gaining an understanding of the in-service operating environment. Working closely with other Ministry of Defence teams and leading industry partners, you’ll provide the team with business and administrative support to allow excellent working efficiency and collaboration across the enterprise.
Please note due to the nature of this role, it will be based on site full time.
For security reasons this role is open to sole UK nationals only. A ‘sole UK national’ refers to an individual who holds citizenship solely in the UK, without dual citizenship or nationality from another country. We’re unable to offer visa sponsorship.
This role requires you to have lived in the UK for the last 5 years and obtain Security Check (SC) security clearance. Clearance must be obtained without any caveats that prevent you from carrying out the role you have been recruited for. If it isn’t obtained, or is obtained but with caveats that prevent you from carrying out the role, any conditional offer made to you will be withdrawn. Obtaining SC security clearance can be a lengthy process, and we reserve the right to withdraw any conditional offer made if the necessary security clearance isn’t obtained within 12 months.
What you’ll be doing
- The Business Manager provides support to ensure effective Business Management Services on a day-to-day basis to multiple internal and external stakeholders in an expanding team at HMNB Clyde
- May have responsibility for managing a small team of direct reports and support graduate / apprentice placements
- Provide support in the provision of advice and guidance to the wider Team for all Business Management services
- Drafting & maintaining outputs for the Team Business Plans and Clyde Readiness, in line with hierarchical plans & Objectives, Goals, Strategies and Measures
- Assist in preparing Management Information (MI), including analysis, for regular management meetings
- Collate information and data to assist in providing Business Intelligence
- Act as a focal point for internal communications and secretariat business
- Coordinate and support implementation of continuous improvement and capability integration across the delivery team including wider engagement with other teams on the naval base
- Looking to support visits and site activities from other Dreadnought teams around the UK and overseas
To be successful with your application, you’ll need to show that you meet the following essential criteria:
- Previous business management or business co-ordination experience
- Demonstrable ability to work autonomously
- Demonstrable ability to support teams both on and off-site
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competences and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
- Customer Service – Supervised Practitioner
- Problem Solving – Practitioner
- Working Together – CSBC 3
- Delivering at Pace – CSBC 3
- 25 days’ annual leave +1 day a year up to 30 days, 8 bank holidays and a day off for the King’s birthday
- Flexible and hybrid working options
- Market-leading average employer pension contribution of 27%
- Annual performance-based bonus and recognition awards
- Access to specialist training and funded qualifications
- Support for progression
- Huge range of discounts
- Volunteering days
- Enhanced parental leave schemes
Improving innovation and enriching our culture, diversity of thought is vital to our success. So whether you’re looking for a new opportunity, a next step, or a helping hand as you return from a career break, bring your experiences and help deliver for the defence of tomorrow. Here you’ll find a supportive, family-friendly organisation to be a part of – and if you need any assistance with your application, just let us know.
Selection process details
Your application will go through the following stages of assessment:
1. Pre-sift – We will check that you meet any essential or eligibility criteria that are listed in the Person Specification section of this advert. On your CV, please clearly show how you meet the essential criteria.
2. Sift – Your CV will be assessed against the following categories, using a simple numerical scoring system: Key Achievements; Relevant Experience; Applied Knowledge and Skills
Please follow our guidance on CV writing for best chance of success.
3. Interview – If you’re invited to interview, you’ll be assessed against the Sift categories listed above, as well as the Technical Competences and Behaviours listed in the Person Specification section of this advert.
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.