Job description for Business Manager
Our Corporate Services Group (CSG) function is represented in every area of the organisation, with a wide range of specialisms that collectively enable our effective day-to-day operation, ensuring we can deliver our objectives and maintain compliance.
As part of our team, you’ll benefit from plenty of routes for development, access to specialist training and funding for professional qualifications, and a c.27% employer pension contribution. You’ll also have access to a wide range of employee networks, including the Women’s Inclusive Network, Race & Culture Network, Pride Network, Disability Network – and many more. We recognise that the best people for the job may have commitments outside of work, so we’re pleased to promote flexible working to support our colleagues in balancing work and home life.
If you are excited by the prospect of working as a Business Manager in a challenging environment, then this could be the ideal opportunity for you. This is a key role within the team, which is varied and exciting, with significant responsibility and a broad range of interesting tasks. The ability to manage own workload and deliver vital enabling services, you will be helping to grow the future office footprint, ensuring sustainability for the future.
Please note attendance to site will be required 2-3 times per week, occasional travel to MOD Abbey Wood once monthly and there may be a requirement to travel to other defence contractor sites 3-4 times annually.
Responsibilities for Business Manager
This Business Manager position offers a challenging and stimulating variety of work in the team. As the Business Manager your main responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Managing Health, Safety & Environmental tasks, office resources, the team’s footprint on site including accommodation, meeting room bookings, implementing site safety/management policy, visitor bookings and coordinating security passes.
- Supporting to the Leadership Group with group diaries, meeting administration, actions and tasks.
- Branch security duties for the site, handling the management of high-classification material, and other duties such as emergency response and floorplate focal point for evacuations.
- Distribution of DE&S and contractor corporate communications.
- Collation of responses to DE&S Information requests.
- Digital management, such as liaison with your team’s and contractor’s IT infrastructure.
- Events Management and point of contact for DE&S, and wider MoD requirements, for instance, VIP visits, conferences and more
- Liaising with Human Resources and Management Teams for recruitment and onboarding and/or induction of new staff to the site.
To be successful with your application, you’ll need to show that you meet the following essential criteria:
- Experience of working within a large and complex organisation.
- Knowledge of business operations.
- Strong people management skills.
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competences and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
- Strategic Thinking Planning – Supervised Practitioner
- Conflict/People Management – Practitioner
- Communicating & Influencing
- Making Effective Decisions
We’re pleased to offer a generous benefits package to support everything from your work-life balance to your bank balance, including:
- 25 days’ holiday a year, plus 1 day a year up to 30 days, 8 bank holidays and a day off for the King’s birthday
- A market-leading employer pension contribution of around 27 percent, an annual performance-based bonus, and recognition awards
- Flexible and hybrid working wherever possible, to support your work-life balance (though some attendance to the stated site is required)
- Funding for qualifications and subscriptions to professional associations, with plenty of opportunities and support for progression
- A huge range of discounts including retail, sports, leisure, restaurants, gifts, days out, holidays, cinema, motoring, insurance, health care, gym memberships, and more
- Up to six days of paid leave a year for volunteering
- Enhanced maternity, adoption, and shared parental leave schemes, offering 100% pay for 26 weeks (after a qualifying period)
- We champion a diverse and inclusive environment, where everyone can be themselves and give their best. We believe that by harnessing the power of different ideas, experiences, and perspectives, we can achieve our ambitions, together. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
- Discover more in our Little Book of Big Benefitsandpension schemes
This post is not eligible for relocation allowances.
Please click the link below to apply for Business Manager by creating an account and uploading your details.