Job description for Business Coordinator Manager
Our Integrated Logistics (ILog) function manages and delivers the tools, parts and in-service support that keep vehicles and equipment well-maintained, from their first launch to the day they’re retired from service. We’re pleased to offer challenging and interesting careers that bring a sense of pride and purpose. By joining our team, you’ll find yourself a role where your voice is heard, your impact is felt, and your contribution is recognised.
You’ll also benefit from plenty of opportunities for development, access to specialist training and funded professional qualifications, and a c.27% employer pension contribution. You’ll also have access to a wide range of employee networks, including the Women’s Inclusive Network, Race & Culture Network, Pride Network, Disability Network – and many more. We recognise that the best people for the job may have commitments outside of work, so we’re pleased to promote flexible working to support our colleagues in balancing work and home life.” Please select relevant function from drop down
“We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Coordinator Manager to join us here at the British Forces Post Office (BFPO) in Defence Equipment & Support (DE&S). You will be a creative thinker and people focused person, who values inclusivity and is excited by the prospect of improving and modernising a proud, traditionally military organisation.
BFPO provide postal and courier services for the secure receipt, sortation, and despatch of all classified, official, and private mail to the UK Armed Forces, Ministry of Defence and Other Government Departments globally; connected through a range of logistics services that play a vital role in sustaining morale and operational effectiveness.
Customer service is key for BFPO and we’re looking for a natural team player who will be comfortable engaging with a wide range of stakeholders and building rapport across all levels to understand customer needs, solve problems and identify opportunities for improvement. You will be able to prioritise and synchronise diverse activities across BFPO Operations and Support, you will be working in a high tempo post within a dedicated HQ.
Working with minimal direction, you will need to organise tasks effectively and gain consensus from a broad audience to produce written work for senior leadership and conduct verbal briefings in the absence of Head BFPO. A practical, proactive and people focused approach will be essential to succeeding in this role, where you will translate objectives into clear plans and interpret management information to provide valuable business insights.
As a Business Coordinator Manager, you will be confident in supporting the development, tracking and execution of projects in line with BFPO strategic vision and outcomes. Strong administrative skills with an excellent knowledge of IT tools and frameworks used for information management including SharePoint and Microsoft Office 365 will allow you to succeed in this role.
The position will benefit from a BFPO Northolt recruitment and retention allowance of £1,750 pa as well as Outer London Weighting of £1,500 pa. BFPO is situated on RAF Northolt estate, with an on-site canteen, access to a gymnasium and benefits from free on-site parking.
Please note some attendance to the stated site may be required for this position.
We strongly recommend tailoring your CV in line with our CV guidance before applying, with specific sections to highlight Key Achievements, Relevant Experience, and Applied Skills & Knowledge.
Responsibilities for Business Coordinator Manager
In this role, you will be entrusted with:
• Managing the strategic business plans, business performance management and joint business agreements
• Being the principle focal point for HQ British Forces Post Office (BFPO) liaison with Military Front Line Commands, Ministry of Defence and Other Government Departments
• Managing key stakeholder relationships including customer forums, suppliers and internal teams and leading trouble shooting activity to address any concerns raised
• Ownership of the BFPO risk register, identifying and monitoring risks, issues, and opportunities, ensuring appropriate mitigations are put in place and managed
• Reviewing management information across a broad spectrum of performance indicators and proactively seeking to address concerning trends or data anomalies
• Consistently model Civil Service and DE&S behaviours and maintaining an open and inclusive style
What you will be assessed against
To be successful with your application you must demonstrate that you meet the following essential criteria:
• Experience of working within at least one of the following fields: Operations Management/Planning, Retail, Project Management, Supply Chain Management, Customer Service, Commercial, Business Management or Finance/Accounting
• Experience of leading without direct authority
• Ability to develop strong relationships with a broad range of stakeholders, evidenced by achievement of results
• Experience of making clear, pragmatic, and manageable plans for service delivery, with the ability to think creatively and problem solve when issues arise
• Experience of supporting a team through continuous improvement activity which improved the delivery of valuable customer and business outputs
• Demonstrable organisational, influencing and communication skills
• Experience of managing or supporting the delivery of contract requirements and budgets, including monitoring actual spend and updating forecasts accordingly
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competencies and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
• Managing support, supplier and customer networks – Expert level
• Making evidence-based decisions – Expert level
• Communicating and influencing
• Delivering at pace
What’s in it for you?
Please note, our salary bands are under review and may increase. If the outcome of the review results in an increase in the minimum salary and your salary offer falls below the new minimum, your salary will be increased to the new amount from your contracted start date. If the new minimum is less than the salary you are offered, the original salary offer will be retained.
Our careers offer stability, training, progression – and much more! Discover more about what we offer in our Little Book of Big Benefits. Find out more about our pension schemes.
We’re exploring future ways of working with a flexible and a family-friendly approach in mind. This means that successful candidates may be offered the option of hybrid working, combining working at home with working at their contractual location. Further information relevant to hybrid working will be discussed with you prior to you taking up your post, to find a balance that suits your needs and those of the organisation. Please note that employees are responsible for meeting the cost of their travel to and from work when attending site.
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and are dedicated to creating a great place to work that reflects the diversity of the society we serve. To help us do this, we particularly encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, disabled people and people from LGBT communities. By bringing together different ideas, experiences and perspectives, we can achieve our ambitions, together.
Please click the link below to apply for the role of Business Coordinator Manager by creating an account and upload your details.