Job description for Associate Information Assurance Analyst
As part of the Information Management & IT function, your impact will be felt across the organisation, helping to embed new technology and tools, automate processes and improve data management. We’ll support you to innovate, as you bring positive change and fresh ideas to the team. Don’t settle for the status quo. Improve on what’s gone before – and drive for what’s next.
The Above Secret Operations Team based at MOD Abbey Wood are looking for a Crypto Custodian to support and deliver current and future cryptographic services for DE&S. You will be joining a well-established team of security professionals who are responsible for delivering and assuring secure infrastructure and systems, enabling our internal customers to deliver secure programmes and operations for the MOD.
Due to the nature of this role, it will be based on-site, and you will be required to be as part of a rota system and, when on call, you should be able to get onto site within one hour.
Please note, this post is open to Sole UK Nationals only and the successful candidate will be required to gain DV clearance upon appointment.
Responsibilities for Associate Information Assurance Analyst
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Maintain central asset management register for all items held within ABW Cryptographic Secure Area, covering several TLB’s (Top Level Budget) On behalf of the Head of Establishment.
- The successful candidate will act as Cryptographic Subject Matter Expert (SME) in assisting our customers in shaping and defining the requirements for cryptographic networks and equipment.
- Lead Information Assurance reviews and audits internal and external with Industry Partners in line with JSP 490.
- Briefing personnel of all levels, including senior leadership, on all matters relating to cryptographic policy and security.
- Identify and keep abreast of new trends in methodologies, technologies and service and analyse the role and impact of current and future technology on DE&S’ security requirements. This includes identifying all upcoming obsolete products.
- Available to cover rostered on-call duties after full training and handover and respond to site ASAP (maximum 1 hour), 24/7 on your given week.
To be successful with your application, you’ll need to show that you meet the following essential criteria:
- Attention to detail and ability to transplant and accurately record information.
- A working knowledge of MS Office Software.
- Experience of stakeholder management and effective communication methods
- Experience delivering cryptographic services
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competences and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
- Information assurance (Practitioner)
- Change and Transformation (Awareness)
- Communicating and Influencing (CSCB3)
- Seeing the Bigger Picture (CSCB3)
We’re pleased to offer a generous benefits package to support everything from your work-life balance to your bank balance, including:
- 25 days’ holiday a year, plus 1 day a year up to 30 days, 8 bank holidays and a day off for the King’s birthday
- A market-leading employer pension contribution of around 27 percent, an annual performance-based bonus, and recognition awards
- Flexible and hybrid working wherever possible, to support your work-life balance (though some attendance to the stated site is required)
- Access to specialist training and funded professional qualifications, with plenty of opportunities and support for progression
- A huge range of discounts including retail, sports, leisure, restaurants, gifts, days out, holidays, cinema, motoring, insurance, health care, gym memberships, and more
- Up to six days of paid leave a year for volunteering
- Enhanced maternity, adoption, and shared parental leave schemes, offering 100% pay for 26 weeks (after a qualifying period)
- We champion a diverse and inclusive environment, where everyone can be themselves and give their best. We believe that by harnessing the power of different ideas, experiences, and perspectives, we can achieve our ambitions, together. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
- Discover more about Little Book of Big Benefits and pension schemes.
Please click the link below to apply for Associate Information Assurance Analyst by creating an account and uploading your details.