Please note that this graduate scheme’s function was previously the ‘Integrated Logistics (iLog) Function’ and has now changed its name to the Operational Delivery Function.
If you’re considering a career in modelling and analysis DE&S offers you an opportunity like no other. The DE&S Modelling and Analysis (M&A) Apprenticeship Scheme is a two-year development programme focused on data specialist roles within DE&S. Throughout the duration of your apprenticeship we’ll challenge you to be a key part of high-performing teams delivering meaningful work. We’ll support your development by providing you with the opportunity to take on high-profile defence projects supporting you in your development and enhancing your technical skills. To enable this, you’ll receive specialist training and work towards your Level 4 Data Analyst Apprenticeship.
Read more about the Operational Delivery function
The scheme is a two-year development programme where you’ll rotate through placements providing you with the opportunity to learn about, and develop into, the role of a DE&S analyst in the Operational Delivery Function.
You’ll start your first placement on arrival into DE&S where you’ll be provided with the opportunity to familiarise yourself with the organisation and start your onward career development. From here you will start to build your knowledge, skills and experience as you support and deliver to our customers from within your placement teams
You’ll continue your rotations throughout the business moving into various roles to enhance and build on your development. You’ll also be working towards your professional qualification and preparation for your end of scheme assessment and onward business employment.
End of scheme
On successful completion of the scheme, you’ll move into a permanent role as an Analyst with DE&S.
You’ll receive specialist training and will work towards your Level 4 Data Analyst Apprenticeship.
To apply candidates must have the following qualifications or achieve them before 01 Sep 2023:
- five full GCSEs A-C or grades 9-4 (or equivalent) including English Language and Maths;
- an A Level in any subject at grade A* – D
- a BTEC Diploma in any subject at a minimum grade Merit
- have successfully completed a Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in a relevant subject.
It is also beneficial to your application if you can demonstrate the following desirable criteria:
- Candidates to demonstrate experience, knowledge and skills relevant to the apprenticeship.
- Awareness of modelling and data analysis techniques and software
Help and support
There’s plenty of support available on this scheme. You’ll have:
- A dedicated scheme manager who’ll be responsible for coordinating your professional training and development throughout the scheme.
- A placement supervisor who’ll oversee your day-to-day management and provide on the job development opportunities.
When applying, you’ll complete an initial online application and be required to undertake an online numerical, verbal and Civil Service judgement test.
If you pass all tests, you’ll then complete a full application and upload your CV (please note the specific CV requirements on the job advert).
Finally, the top scoring candidates will be invited to an assessment centre in Bristol.
This scheme is now open, click here to apply via the Civil Service Jobs website