The civil service is built on the hard work and bright ideas of people of all ages, backgrounds and professions. And we’re no different.
So whether you’re just starting out, or have an illustrious career already under your belt, there’s a place for your talent and experience at DE&S.
Filter your results by selecting the area suited to you.
“Compared with industry, my view is that the work at DE&S is much more interesting – especially when you can be the decider, not the provider.”
Richard, National Codifications Bureau and Chartered Engineer
Frequently Asked Questions
- You need to set up a profile on the CS Jobs website to apply for a position at DE&S.
- Once logged in to the CS Jobs system, you will be presented with the job search screen. Simply select the criteria for the roles you’re looking for, ensuring you select ‘Ministry of Defence’ in the ‘Organisation’ field and ‘Job Grade’ as ‘Other’.
- Once you have identified a role that you would like to apply for, click on the ‘Apply now’ button. You will be guided through the application process and part of this will involve uploading your CV. Please note that the CS Jobs system will timeout after 45 minutes of inactivity in any open window, the application submission deadline is 23:59 on the closing date and you must frequently save your application form because it will not save automatically.
- We also carry job specifications for featured jobs on this website. The ‘Apply now’ link on these job postings will take you to the corresponding job specification on CS Jobs.
Your CV needs to demonstrate the following:
- key achievements
- career history
- applied, skills, knowledge and experience
When you arrive for interview, you will be asked for the following documentation:
- Form of ID (passport or driving license)
- Three forms of proof of address (which also shows your name)
- If you’re not a UK national, your Visa
- Forms provided by CSJobs when you were invited to interview (Address History form, Character Enquiry Pensions Questionnaire, Pre-employment Checks Authorisation form, Reference Request form).
All documents need to be originals and we will photocopy them when you arrive for interview
You will then be escorted to the interview room, where the interview will last approximately 45 minutes. You’ll be invited to discuss your CV and career history and to establish whether you demonstrate the DE&S Behaviours. To ensure that DE&S can meet its objectives, support our people and deliver to the armed forces, we need a common set of behaviours in our organisation.
Where do you fit in?
DE&S is made up of 11 functions, each supporting its own vital strand of the organisation. Our functions offer professional development and flexibility to our people – and assurance to our customers that we have the scale and expertise to deliver on any project.
See where you fit in and join a world-class team today.